a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your wireless VoIP router was provided by your VoIP provider they will usually lock this option on the router since they have pre-configured the voice settings(sip server, phone number, password, codecs) before they deliver the device to your location. if you have a working internet connection already you can give your VoIP proiver a call so that they can remotely check the voice settings on their end to verify if it's working or not.
If your planning to connect the phone adapter behind a router make sure that the following ports are open/forwarded on the router; UDP ports 5060-5061, UDP ports 16384-32767 take note that 5060 and 5051 one are SIP ports and must be assigned to the IP address of that was assigned to by the router to the adapter or the IP that was manually configured on it.
I found a link that could help you check the setting on your linksys phone adapter
Hello, there are several reasons too this, but the most common ones is:
- You have maxed out your bandwith. Solution: Limit download and upload from filesharing. (need 256kBs free both ways to perform a good qualtiy voip call). Turn of web radios, webcams, video streaming. Encrypt wireless network
- Your Voip service provider cant keep alive registrasion link between their server and your voip device. Solution: assuming you have both a modem and router, try to connect voip device directly to modem, if problem is solved you should try to upgrade firmware in router or by a new one (pref: Linksys). If problem still occures you should try to contact your broadband provider and get them to do a 24hr scan for datapackage loss on your connection (if they find datapackage loss, then its their job to fix the problem). If none of this works conntact your voip service provider and get them to send you a new voip device.
This is not a final solution, but it shold be a good guide to start with. i can give you much more detailed support on this issue, but then i need more details to analyse the problem further.
Try connecting router directly to the modem and the laptop to the router and see if your laptop can get out onto the internet. If you cannot, then your router might not be handing out IPs to the devices on the internal network. You can enable the DHCP server on the router using the administrative web interface at http://192.168.1.1.
If you can get out onto the internet with your laptop behind your router then look at defining a DHCP reservation on your router for your VoIP phone and then forwarding the following to your phone: 5061 UDP 5060 UDP 10000-20000 UDP
These are common ports amonst the VoIP providers.
Hope this works, if not we'll give it another shot.
hello sir iam working for voip and iam a tech? and u r using linksys pap2 which is not a router its just a phone adapter so it will work through a router so try this first is ur modem is a modem router and u have 4 ether net port on it and u can able to access inter net through hard wired and connect this pap 2 adapter through one of the ether net jack on the modem router (ut starcom)>an dit has a fire wall which block ur voice signals so u need to open some ports on it try this link to open all ports and u need to try this with a pc which connected through hard wired on the modem router go to through this link http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/UTStarcom/UT-300R2U/Vonage.htm
and also disable the fire wall on the router screen and reboot the linksys pap2 and ur ut star com modem router also and connect ur phone directly to phone jack 1 on the pap 2 device if u have any issues let me know and rate me solved if its helps thx