Question about RCA 27F530T 27" TV
With the tv off press and hold the volume down button on the tv & clear button on the remote for 5 to 7 seconds. perhaps you can borrow a friends remote for a day to fix it. good luck.
Posted on Apr 23, 2007
For the RCA Television Model 27F530T, the way to reset parental control password is to do the following:
Have the TV turned off. Press and hold the Volume Down button on the TV (one of the six buttons on the tv) and the Clear button on the Remote. Keep them held down until the TV turns itself on. Then the password has been reset. You can access the menu through the remote by pressing Menu, and highlighting the Parental Controls option, then pressing OK to access it. The interface will prompt you to create a password.
This is the absolute way to do this. I am posting this because repairguy fixed my problem with this, and there are so many non-working solutions out there. This is the one that absolutely works for a RCA Television Model 27F530T.
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
I tried the remedy above, but it wont reset, i tried this multiple times, TV comes on, and i go to parental controls, and it says improper password. What now?
Posted on Nov 20, 2008
does this hold good for model F27227EM as well. Its a old 27" from RCA and has a parental lock in channel 3. As am unable to unlock this am unable to use the set up box which is hooked to channel 3.
I dont have the original remote
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
You should be able to use the front panel controls on your set and find the locking function and un-lock it from there. Stargazer
Posted on Apr 23, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 21, 2015 | Philips Televison & Video
Aug 20, 2011 | Mitsubishi VS-60703 60" Rear Projection...
1. Turn on the TV using the remote control. In most cases, you will need the original Jensen remote to unlock the TV if you aren't sure of the unlock code. You can purchase an original replacement online if necessary.
2. Look at the screen. If you see a red key on the bottom of the screen, press "Function" and "Mute" on the remote at the same time. This will unlock the channel. Do this if you want to bypass the lock to watch a certain show or channel while leaving the TV locked. All other channels will remain locked and the TV will lock again when it is turned off.
3. Unlock all of the channels on the TV by entering 0711 or 3308. These are the Jensen factory reset codes that will reset the TV to the original factory settings. By doing this, you will loose any information that you have stored in the TV, such as channel labels and schedules. You will have to program the TV again by going through the entire initial set up.
4. Call the technical support service number in your owner's manual if neither of those codes work. A technician can help you troubleshoot the television as the problem may not be the parental lock feature. Have the model number and serial number of the TV available when you call.
5. Take your television to a TV repair shop if neither of the codes work and the TV locked by itself while it was turned on. In this case, the TV may need to be rewired
Feb 22, 2011 | Jensen TS2750J TV
Oct 19, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
May 20, 2010 | Sylvania LC320SS8 32 in. LCD Television
Nov 19, 2009 | Toshiba 20DL74 20 in. EDTV-Ready LCD...
Sep 19, 2009 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television
Aug 12, 2009 | JVC AV-32D305 32" TV
Feb 17, 2009 | Daewoo DTQ-13P2FC 13" TV
May 27, 2008 | Apex Digital GT2011S 20" TV
367 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: