When installing a drive for HP Photosmart 7250 get Fatal Error
Fatal Error Message and MSI.dot4wrp64. Was directed to download Installer 4.5 for Windows Vista 64 bit with SP-1. Did and computer said that download could not be installed in this laptop (HP Pavilion dv9700). Same problem with HP 5400's but can install drive for HP 2410. Go Figure! Can't find out what Windows installer I have in the computer now. I have to believe it is 4.0 or greater with the windows update system working well.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are no officially supported Windows 7 drivers for the Acer Aspire 5570 notebook. However, the Vista drivers should work just fine.
If you don't know whether you have 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 7, then please follow these steps.
1. Press Win+R to open the Run command. 2. Type "MSINFO32" into the dialog box and press enter. 3. Look for item "System Type" and note whether the value is x64 or x86. (x86 means you have a 32 bit OS)
Regardless of whether you have 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7 follow these instructions: 1. Go ahead and download 32 bit Windows Vista drivers by following the link: Acer Aspire 5570 Audio Drivers
2. Save file to the Desktop for easy access.
3. Extract ZIP file to Desktop.
4. Open the extracted folder. 5. Right click on the file "Setup" and select "Properties". 6. Select the Compatibility tab and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)". Click OK.
7. Double click the "Setup" file to run the installer. If the installer completes, then restart the computer and play a music file to see if you have sound.
If the installer fails, then follow the next set of directions: 1. Press Win+R to open Run command. 2. Type "DEVMGMT.MSC" and press enter.
Look for a device that has a yellow exclamation point next to it. If
you have more than one, look for a device that says "Multimedia Audio Controller". 4. Right click on the device that has a yellow exclamation point next to it and select Properties. 5. Click the Driver tab and select Update Driver. 6. Click "Browse my computer for driver software". 7. Select "Browse...". 8. Browse to the extracted folder and select the "Vista" folder if you have the 32 bit version of Windows. If you have the 64 bit version of Windows, then select the "Vista64" folder. If Windows tells you there are no compatible drivers after step 9, then select the WDM folder and repeat step 9. 9. Click OK and then click Next.
10. Ignore all errors that Windows may give you and install the driver, restart the computer, and try to play a music file.
Good luck, post back if you have any difficulties, and thanks for using FixYa,
Hello romanhor79, i found latest drivers for your MSI FX5200-TD128LF GeForce FX 5200 Graphic Card from website fully compatible with Windows Vista, Xp. Click save driver to your computer, install the driver, don't forget to restart the computer. Copy and paste link into your browser and press enter.
1) Click Start > Run 2) Type msiexec /unreg and press enter and wait until it appears to have finished. 3) Go back to Start > Run 4) Type msiexec /regserver and press enter. 5) Try to install 'management' again.
I had the same problem. I tried to install my new HP Photosmart 8550 printer onto my HP desktop, I am running on Vista 64 bit. Kept getting fatal error MSI.dot4wrp40 over and over again. Upset that my Windows installer was corrupted. I search the internet for this error and realized that this only comes up with NEW HP Printers and scanners. I went to Epson's website and downloaded a driver for one of their photo printers and downloaded the driver for the Epson Stylus Photo1400 Vista 64 bit driver, and guess what it installed I went and bought this printer and I am up and running again. Sorry HP I am jumping ship. The week before I tired to install this HP printer, I installed Print Shop Pro Publisher 23, Blackberry desktop, and Canon digital utilities which in fact all use Window Installer. All installed with no problem, and they are all working. I believe this error message has to be a conflict between HP and Microsoft's 64 bit OS only.... Google THIS ERROR and you will notice only HP comes up.
make sure your printer is compatable with vista .. many are not ... download the latest drivers if any are available for vista .. if new drivers are not provided then you could try to load the drivers using xp compatability mode ..
1. Go on HP website
2. Go the Support and Drivers
3. Select Download drivers and software (and firmware)
4. Type in Photosmart C4480
5. Select Operating System "Microsoft Windows Vista"
6. Select HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers
7. Click "Download Only"
HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers
HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers
Try clicking on this link the download the Full feature software and drivers package
Allow it to install. If it works your done, if not the disc isn't the problem. If that is the case respond back here with any error messages that show up and I will take a little deaper look into the problem