Question about Dell E151FPp 15" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: problem on hp monitor
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
SOURCE: OSD lock - I think
This is for Viewsonic LCD, but it's probly pretty similar for you...
OSD and Power Button Lock Modes
OSD Lock This mode locks all current control settings and prevents access to
the control menus until this mode is unlocked.
? OSD Lock: Press and hold  and the up arrow for 10 seconds. If any
buttons are pressed the message OSD Locked will display for 5 seconds.
? OSD Unlock: Press and hold  and the up arrow again for 10 seconds.
Posted on Aug 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2011 | AOC 917Sw 19" LCD Monitor
Apr 16, 2011 | ViewSonic Optiquest Q19wb LCD Monitor
Mar 23, 2011 | AOC 912Vwa-1 19" Monitor
Mar 01, 2011 | HP 1730 LCD Monitor
Oct 31, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 24, 2010 | AOC 917Sw 19" LCD Monitor
Jul 21, 2008 | Compaq FP 7020 17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Jul 19, 2008 | Dell W2300 23 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
Apr 18, 2008 | AOC LM729 17" LCD Monitor
389 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: