Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
I had electrician come to the house to replace the main fuse panel. By mistake he sent 220V to the outlet where the Microwave was plugged to. The microwave stopped working, no lights ? dead! I checked the fuse and it is ok. Please help.
The control panel has built-in surge protection, and the high voltage probably tripped that. It will have to be repaired, which we do nationwide for only $39.95 postpaid. By rights, I would say the electrician should be the one to see to the repairs, including removing the control panel assembly to send in for repair. We have *critical* safety & disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams by entering your full model number (without the suffix) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Posted on Apr 13, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 10, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 08, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 15, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jun 21, 2008 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
655 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: