When I open Cyrilic Subtitles with Notepad, it shows me just strange symbols, It's the same when I try to watch the movie with those Subtitles. It's not from the subs, I'm sure. When I open them with Word, they display normally. Why is this happening?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If everything else on your computer is in english but your notepad is showing chinese then all you will need to do is change the font setting.
Open notepad, click Format and click Font. Select a font like Time New Romans.
01. Reboot your computer while it's starting up.
02. When your computer starts up again, choose the option "Launch Startup Repair"
03. When the Startup repair starts, click cancel.
04. After you click cancel it will show a box. Click "Don't Send"
05. Click the link "View advanced options for recovery and support"
06. In the new window click Command Prompt at the bottom.
07. In Command Prompt type this and press enter: notepad.exe
08. Notepad will open. In notepad go to File-->Open.
09. Change the type of files notepad views from .txt to All Files
10. Now in Notepad, go to C:\Windows\winsxs\ (or whichever drive Windows is installed on)
11. In that folder, find pending.xml and make a copy of it
12. Now open the original pending.xml (it will load really slow because the file is huge)
13. Press CNTRL+F and search for the following exactly: 0000000000000000.cdf-ms
14. Delete the following text (yours will be a little different):
<MoveFile source="\SystemRoot\WinSxS\Temp\PendingR... destination="\SystemRoot\WinSxS\FileMaps...
Your PC might not have all 3 sections of code (<Checkpoint>,
<DeleteFile>, <MoveFile>). Just make sure you delete section
"Checkpoint" and whatever other sections have "000000000000000.cdf-ms".
They will be right next to eachother.
15. Save the file, close notepad, close command prompt, restart your computer.
Once your computer starts up, do a normal startup (it may stall for 5-10
minutes at the "starting windows" screen, but leave it going) and the
Service Pack will install some more stuff and restart a few times and
then everything should be working! For some people, it reverts
everything and cancels the service pack installation. For other people,
the service pack installation completes. Either result is fine.
Firstly i am not able to understand your problem correctly.What i think your problem i am writing solution according to that.
Try playing in different player or better player like vlc which can play all types of media files. May be there is some problem in your player caching.As caching needed everytime u play a movie.Try uninstalling your player then reinstalling.
You need to delete your cookies if you use internet explorer go to "Tools," then click Internet
options. Then click "delete cookies," you tube will now work in mozilla its tools then options then show cookies then delete cookies
whatever you are downloading and trying to open is something that you have not got the software associated with it to open it and either you have chose notepad to open up the file or windows as selected it as default as it cannot find a programme that you have installed to open it.
If you know that you have an associated programme, right click on the file select open with and then browse for the required programe.