My curve contact info and desktop email addresses don't sync. I can't transfer my contact info to my desktop and emails from my desktop to my curve. What am I doing wrong? My sync icon on my curve is missing also.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: synchronize proplem with TM Curve
.Go to your Blackberry Calendar -> press your Menu button ->
Scroll down to "Options". You will see either the "Default Calendar" or
more calendars. You can delete the other calendar profiles forcing it
to sync everything with JUST the default one.
sure when you sync though that you don't allow the blackberry devise to
erase or overwrite your Outlook though for the next sync.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you just are you using a new cell phone that you bought recently, and if your having trouble switching your phone numbers to a new phone without a sim card. It would be a good idea to use gmail.... Gmail automatically syncs your cell phone contacts in your address book with your email account, so you can easily email your contacts to your new phone and it is automatically placed in your address book on your new cell phone. I even used the app on my blackberry curve, The name of the app is Google Sync.
1Install Blackberry Desktop Manager Softwarewhich included in your Blackberry Installation CD. If you don’t haveone, you may download software from Here 2Make sure you set an Outlook profile that the Desktop Manager can use.3Start the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.4Connect your Blackberry with your computer via USB cable and allow Blackberry device driver install.5Click on Synchronize in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.6Activate the Synchronize organizer data checkbox: BlackBerry Synchronize.7Click on the Configuration tab. Then, click on the Configure synch: BlackBerry Synchronize Configuration.8Check the data you want your BlackBerry being synchronized to. Choose CONTACTS, TASKS, CALENDAR, and NOTES databases.9Afteryou check each item, the software will ask which application you wouldlike to sync it with, you will choose OUTLOOK for all.10Nowgo back to the Desktop Manager. Make sure that the SYCHRONIZE ORGANIZERDATA check box is checked. And select the Synchronize now button at thesynchronize dialog to begin synchronization.
Thank you for using FixYa! Have a nice day and please remember to rate this solution.
If he is synchronizing his BlackBerry with his Work email client (Outlook or Lotus Notes) using a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server), then the email he reads on Outlook or Lotus Notes will sync wirelessly to his BlackBerry as read, as he has opened these on his computer.
Please advise if this scenario applies. Do you have an email server at your work, or is your Boss checking email from a personal web based account like Hotmail or Yahoo?
you have to open your blackberry desktop manager software. goto synchronize, and then configure synchronize and then tell the desktop manager to sync with outlook for you contacts calendar and so forth. so from then on when you plug your bb into your pc and strat up desktop manager, when you choose to sync it will sync your bb with outlook.
you should go to blackberry's website and download the latest version of the blackberry desktop manager. download it and then goto synchronize and then configure sync. tell desktop manager to sync with outlook for contacts and calendar and then select sync and it will synchronize your pc and your bb.
if you use gmail, you can goto m.google.com/sync on your bb and then download google sync. goto your outlook and export your contacts as a .csv file and then import them into your gmail accont. when you login to the google sync app on your bb, it will then wirelessly sync your contacts on your bb with your gmail account.
Open your desktop manager, and select the functions you want to Sync, I would start with out the memopad and see if it syncs, if not then dont sync tasks and see if that fixes the issue...
Hope this helps, if so please rate accordingly
1) Load up Blackberry Desktop Manager
2) Click "Synchronize"
3) Click the "Configuration" tab at the top of the screen.
4) Click the "Configure Synch" button
5) Click on "Address Book".
6) If it doesn't take you to configuration automatically, click "Setup"
7) Select "Microsoft Outlook Express".
8) Select "One way sync from Device" and "Replace all data in the target application
9) Click "Use existing Main Identity
10) Click "Finish" - this should bring you back to "Select Device Application" where it should show you something like
Address Book ---> Microsoft Outlook Express
11) Click "Ok"
12) Click on the "Synchronize" tab at the top.
13) Click "Synchronize now". It should go through a whole bunch of screens, eventually showing a confirmation dialog to confirm address book edits.
14) Click "Accept"
15) Your contacts should now be in Outlook Express.
16) Close BB Desktop Manager
17) Open iTunes if you don't have it open already.
19) Go to your iPhone's setup page in iTunes (click on the iPhone along the side menu)
20) Click on the "Info" tab
21) Under "Contacts", check the "Sync contacts with" checkbox, and select "Windows Address Book". "All contacts" should be automatically selected.
22) Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. It should save your changes, and automatically sync your contacts.
The following steps is only necessary if you don't intend to keep your iPhone synched with Outlook Express's address book (which I imagine is the case for most people).
23) Uncheck the "Sync contacts with" checkbox.
24) Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page
This shoulds help and please do let me know if your issue is solved