HE LIGHTS ARE OUT ON THE PAGER CAN NOT READ THE PHONE NUMBER
WHEN SOMEBODY PAGER ME.
I NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GO TO HAVE IT FIXED?
THANK YOU TINA DILLER
MINERAL SPRINGS BUSINESS PARK
1145 MINERAL SPRINGS ROAD,
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Pagers, also known as beepers are small telecommunication devices that carry short messages. There are one-way pagers that can receive short messages or phone numbers or two-way pagers, that allow the user to send and receive e-mail, sms messages etc. Paging works through a subscription service who pass on the messages to other pager subscribers.
Pagers may seem like a thing of the past in today's day and age of cell phones and instant messengers but there are some very distinct benefits to using pager systems over cell phones.
1. Pagers have a much wider reach than your traditional cell phone because they use satellites. This leads to their being less dead zones for pagers, they can also be strong enough to work in underground situations so you don't lose your signal when you get on the subway.
2. Pagers are used for medical professionals and emergency response teams because they are reliable and fast. When you attend an event with a few thousand people you will notice that your phones service will probably be down to no bars, but for the people with pagers they will have the same service they always have. These messages are also delivered fast because the people using them tend to be in professions that time is quite literally everything.
3. As cell phones continue to advance and add on more and more features. Pagers have been able to stay inexpensive and true to the task that they do. There are very few add ons or features that have been added to the pager since they have been in use so there is much less room for companies to overcharge the user.
4. Mass messaging from a cell phone can be very difficult and unreliable, but when it comes to paging a large number of units it can be as simple as making a single phone call. It is for this reason that emergency response teams use pagers because time is of the essence when it comes to assembling an emergency response team.
5. A little known fact about pagers is that they can be combined with various different technologies to be altered of a situation. Lets say that you are a factory manager you can connect a pager to the machine and be altered the instant something is not working properly.
In the 90s, cell phone companies and pager companies use to provide a seperate phone number answered by a computer that you could dial with your computer modem which would page/text a specific device you specified.
Most cell phone companies no longer offer this service.
WinFax/TalkWorks can notify your pager or cellular phone (using SMS messaging) whenever new faxes or voice messages arrive.
WinFax/TalkWorks works with Tone Only, Numeric, Personalized Numeric, and Alphanumeric pagers. To use the pager notification feature, you must know:
1.the capabilities of your pager/cellular phone 2. the telephone numbers WinFax/TalkWorks must dial to connect to your service provider 3. your personal identification number (if your pager supports this feature)
If the phones are Verizon phones, then the defaul lock code (and security) code is the last four digits of the phone number. With other carriers it may be the last four of the phone number, 0000, or 1234.
If you, or somebody else, has changed the code and you don't know it then you'll need to bring the phone one of your carrier's stores with a tech department where they'll be able to read the lock code off of the phone.