Question about Sony SLV-D271P DVD Player/VCR
Parental controls are off. vcr works.
Get a refund. This fault is a can of worms mate. A road you do not want to go down
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2013 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Sep 06, 2008 | Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
May 14, 2012 | Sony SLV-D350P DVD Player/VCR
Aug 23, 2011 | ESA E4000 DVD Player/VCR
May 06, 2011 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Jun 15, 2010 | RCA DRC8295 DVD Recorder/VCR Combo
Mar 07, 2009 | Philips DVDR3430V DVD Recorder/VCR
Apr 19, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Same problems with my unit. But, try this... I think it worked. First, you can not get to the setup screen for the unit with a DVD in the player. So, remove the DVD first: Unplug the unit, wait a few seconds, plug it back in. Then hit the DVD open button and remove DVD in player.
I think the issue with not reading certain DVDs is a problem with the "parental control" on the unit. Without setting parental control there were a few DVDs I could not play and sometimes (not always) I was asked about parental control before a movie would play. At the Sony Blue DVD screen, select Setup on the remote control. Select DVD setup and get to Parental control. Set a password. This will then take you to a "rating" screen. By setting the rating very high (I set mine for #8) any movie should play without needing the password. With no password set, you can not change the "rating" and hence mine was set at #1 (kids). It seems to have worked for now anyway. Good luck.
Oct 14, 2007 | Sony SLV-D300P DVD Player/VCR
190 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!