It was working perfectly fine till all of a sudden it stopped to work and no matter how much i try the button will not work , How do i fix this problem ? I'm pretty sure its not loose because it was working perfectly fine and that happened all of a sudden.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
THe same thing happend to me just now grrr......
I'm really not a technology expert or anything but, when I looked inside of the the "button" I saw a small scratch on the green and gold plate. Did you perhaps notice anything like this? I'll probably have to replace it or something........
But seriously, I hope this problem is solved soon.......
1) Make sure Wireless Lan is Enabled by pressing the light button of it
2) Click with right button on the Battery Icon (on the botton bar aside clock)
3) Select Windows Mobility Center (a window will open up)
4) Click on "Turn wireless on" button.
It sounds like the LAN card may be going bad. You can see if manually setting the IP address in the settings of the LAN card will work. If that works, then the card's routine for negotiating IP address assignment is corrupted. You maybe able to get some more useful life out of it by doing this until you can replace the LAN card itself. If you need more instructions on how to set the IP address manually, reply back and I'll try to step you through it.
Power off your wireless router for 30 secs. and power it up again wait till all the LED are on and functioninh normally.
Reboot your laptop OR
Right click on the wireless icon and click on Repair - this will force the wireless card to obtain a new IP address from the wireless router.
i must tell u that if u have done all trouble shooting and ur Wireless conn is not func then my friend there is no fault in ur wireless adapter i think the main culprit is dsl hardware this Westell Versalink modem and the lan cable u said is not working in laptop and working on desktop there might be two things why it is not working
1. there are straight and crossed connections in Lan cable Connector may be the coupling is not matching ur Acer Lan port and u are having problems in connecting it.
2. Or ur Lan Adapter is not set properly it needs to be DHCP enabled and set to auto config IP address in the prperties as i said earlier.
for WLAN i am 100% sure if it is not connecting may be ur Modem WIFI module is not functionaing properly and giving u hard time it happens in Power Failure sometimes or surge in the line current.
u shud get it replaced if it was working ok in wireless lan b4 and now it stopped suddenly
Make sure that the built-in wireless lan is disabled. If your pc is XP or vista, uninstall the new WIRELESS LAN(go to control panet, add/remove programs), select the Atheros Software. Leave the WIRELESS ADAPTER connected to your pc. Insert the disc, do not run the set up. RESTART THE PC. The drivers for the WIRELESS ADAPTER should install, if not load drivers manually.
MAKE SURE WIRELESS ZERO CONFIGURATION for XP is running. You should be able to detect wireless networks.