I had all 4 burners on high trying to boil water. There was a small amt of water on the bottom of my pans when I put them on the burners. I smelled a burning smell and then my burners will not get hot again. When I turn them to the on position, the lights under the knobs on the cooktop light up, but the burners do not heat up.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello Pinewood7. The issue here is concern from what you have heard. Don't worry! All you are doing is boiling water. The system will allow constant heat for what you are doing. Use this as a test. Put your largest pot on the top full of water and set on high. Attach your thermometer to the side and see what happens. I know several people who use these tops for canning with excellent results. My sister in law has had yours for years and not an issue with jams. Hope this helps with your concerns.
make sure you have the correct orifices, make sure you have good gas pressure and make sure pressure regulator is ok.
also if the unit has been in service for a while check the orifice for build up a wire or needle will work to knock out any build up
You MUST use flat bottom pans on three of the four burners, the back right burner is the multi-pan burner and accepts any type pan. You'll notice the other burners have a circle in the center, that is the thermostat that reads the temp of the pan, that burner type needs the flat bottom pan to work correctly. The multi-pan has no thermostat and it will boil water in any pan.
I just installed a Wolf gas cooktop and had the same problem in that all 4 burners would light just fine but the electronic igniters would not stop clicking on all four. What I found was that the electrical outlet that my gas cooktop was plugged into had the polarity reversed. I tested the outlet with a polarity testing module (you can get one at Home Depot and it checks polarity, grounding, GFI and is handy to have around, small and inexpensive). I plugged it in and the lights told me that the polarity was reversed. I reversed the wires in the outlet (exchanged the white and black wires) put the cover back on, plugged in the cook top and now it works like a champ! no more constant clicking. By the way, we had a cooktop before this one with electronic ignition and never had a problem, apparently it didn't care about the polarity.
Alien, one of your burner switches either got wet or shorted out. These switches are located on the burner valve itself. Sometimes you can take a hair dryer, pull the knobs of the control valve and dry out the switch. If this doesn't work, more than likley one of the switches gone bad. Catriver...post back.