An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Not able to adjust red convergence on top or bottom
These sets need to have all three colors - RED - BLUE - GREEN - lined up correctly on the screen in order for the picture to look normal. When its out of alignment the video will look 3-D, wavy, distorted, etc. Most of the time you just need to adjust your convergence in the menu. If you cannot adjust it in the menu - then your convergence is broken and needs to be repaired.
Convergence problems are very common on all Projection TV sets including Sony,Samsung, JVC, Philip Magnavox, Panasonic, Akai, Pioneer, Hitachi, Zenith, and others. You can get a convergenece repair kit wiith instructions from the links below.
Here are some of the most common problems with these sets...
Problem #1) Convergence
Yours may have one or more of the following symptoms
Screen Looks 3-D
Colors wont align
Screen may look distorted or warped
No Audio/Video - makes a chirping sound.
Another common problem is dull or washed out video.
Your TV may have one or more of the following symptoms....
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Remove Front bottom Panel thier you will see front of convergence board there is a small blue contact switich with TV on press and hold it for 5 sec then you should see convergence Pattern so you can aline convergence correctly I have the whole Manual to tv just have to find it. anyway for now try this.
This is a common problem with this TV, but there is an upgrade to correct the CONVERVGENCE circuit problem. If you want to repair this concern yourself: Contact:B&D ENTERPRISES, 1-800-458-6053, www.bdent.com and ask for KIT10 for your Hitachi TV. If you want some else to do the repair for you call an Authorized Service Center. Needs convergence IC's http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=564268&postcount=220 http://cmpalmer.blogspot.com/2006/11/fixing-my-own-tv-part-ii.html
Yes, it sounds to me like it only needs touch up in the tecnician convergence menu. Which you get into by pushing the service only switch after the set is on and then using an original Hitachi remote control to do the adjustments.
Go to menu ,now to setup when in set up do you see convergence? If convergence is missing in menu it is a open fuse,only it does not look like fuse ,They look more like small square capaitors brown, they will be right next to flyback transfomer FL231 (3) of them in a roll it will be the middle one,you can take needle nose plyers and pull top up on fuses.
The 65XWX20B comes apart in 2 pieces - there is a top half and a bottom half.
- The bottom half houses all of the electronics, projection lenses, etc. It is very heavy and should be moved with care.
- The top half is basically just the screen.
I have moved this Television multiple times, even up and down from a 3rd floor apartment!
- First remove the screws holding the top and the bottom, the important ones are on the sides of the TV.
- This is important, I suggest 3 people do this part: Slowly lift the top away from the bottom half of the TV, but -not- very far. There is small wiring harness that that attaches the top of the TV to the bottom to a circuit board. This must be unplugged by one person while the other 2 hold the top half of the TV slightly above the bottom half. Note carefully where this plugs in so that you can reassemble easily.
- Once this is disconnected the TV is much easier to move, although still quite heavy and bulky. Do not turn the TV on its side - keep it upright while moving.
You have a convergence problem
If the set has auto focus and will not complete its cycle.
The Auto focus module is bad, (expensive)
If it completes and the problem is still there.
Then check for bad conv. drivers (stk****) or cold solder joint on one or more of the 3 drivers pins.
Convergence IC's must be changed to start repair..original...
STK392-110 sub to Hitachi upgrade STK394-160E.....PART #
CZ 01341...you need two....
Next, take a critical look at the B+ feed resistors near the IC's..
check for over-heat / damage......usually 2.2 ohm 2 watt......
Let me know....................T.