Question about Sony Handycam DCR-DVD205 DVD Camcorder
Hello, I have been facing this problem with my DCR-DVD205. When recording, all of a sudden it gives and error message "disc error". When I restart the camcorder, at some point of time "disc cover opened accidentally, please power on" is popped up. When I restart, it accesses the disc and says "recording on the disc is disabled". If i try try to finalize the disc, it won't let me, and so disc becomes useless, I have wasted a lot of discs by now. I called Sony and they say they are going to charge some hefty amount. Truly speaking, being a student I wont be able to afford another 200 bux for the repairs. I am hoping to get a solution here. Please, if possible give me your feedbacks/solutions regarding the matter. Thanks
1. cleaning the laser lens with isopropilic alcohol and q-tip
2. Try the reset button on the bottom of the camera. Tilt your camera and look below the LCD Display Backlight button on the bottom edge of the curved portion of the camera. You will need a paperclip or tip of a ball point pen to push the recessed little button. Place the camera on a level surface and try again. We find that the camera is very sensitive to tilting, as it gets older.
3. Make sure you format format at was FAT not fat32
4. All you need to do is "Quick format" the disk with the CAMERA rather than the memry stick plugged into the computer drive.
5. For sony error c:1301 using mini cd's: there is a program that recovers data from cd's that works with disk that have this error. It called "cdroller" Homepage is : www.cdroller.com
6. just take the memory stick off and re-insert it lot of times.. just keep doing it.
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD108 DVD Camcorder
Apr 28, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD205 DVD Camcorder
Mar 21, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD108 DVD Camcorder
Feb 23, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD205 DVD Camcorder
Jan 29, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD108 DVD Camcorder
Dec 16, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD205 DVD Camcorder
Nov 30, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD205 DVD Camcorder
Apr 11, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD205 DVD Camcorder
Jun 05, 2007 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD205 DVD Camcorder
374 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!