The freezer light on the outside of the freezer is flashing irratically. The freezer is in my garage. I checked the outlet to see if that was the problem, it was not. The freezer seems to be running fine. Just want to know why it is flashing now.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure you have enough amps in the outlet its plugged into. The kitchen outlet might of had more amps than the garage outlet. Also, try unplugging it for a few seconds then plug it back it which might reset it.
Not all these models were fitted with a flash defrost plunger, if fitted it is inside the lid on the left hand side.
You will need to remove all the product from the freezer and store it elsewhere.
1. Pull out the flash defrost button
2. Put a chock of wood or similar to prevent the lid from closing (if the lid closes it will stop the flash defrost)
3. Wait until all the ice has melted then clean out the casing, some of these models have a drain plug in the base, (put a shallow tray under the outlet to catch the water) others you will need to mop out the water.
4. Push in the flash defrost button and wait for a couple of hours and then you can reload the freezer.
If there is no flash defrost button then follow the above instructions after you have emptied the freezer, all you need to do is switch off and unplug the freezer then go to 2. above. When finished plug back in and reload.
Does the unit have a digital control on the door? If so try unplugging the freezer for about ten seconds to reset the control. If they still flash replace the digital control. If you do not have the digital display, and its just an orange light at the bottom, then no worries they sometime flicker
Try to plug somthing that you know it works ,in that outlet ,and if it doesn't work or goes on and off , the problem is in the outlet, but if works without trouble ,the problem could be in the freezer plug , the cord or the cord conections to the freezer.
Normally there is a Green light showing that power is on
A Yellow one for fast freeze and a Red one for under temperature
The outer casing is well insulated from the inside otherwise the freezer motor would run none stop without cooling the contents so the temperature of the outside casing will reflect the room temperature not the intenal
you have a refrigeration issue partner let her go 16 yrs. is good service you can replace it for 3 to 5 hundred the repair will be that IF you can find someone with the r-12. don't go for a top it off and go deal the food you lose is to expensive for that to be economical.