Question about Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1: Windows
My Norton 360 expired a few days ago and I am trying to install Norton 360 2.0 which I bought on-line from Norton on 28th November. I have cancelled Norton 360 from the computer, but everytime I go through the motions of installing version 2.0, it finishes up by re-installing the original 360 advising me I have 0 days left on my subscription. It is driving me mad. I have to advise that I am not computer-literate, am 70 years old. Can do e-mails and Google and that is it! I just want version 2.0 installed which has cost me £65.97. Please please help. Thanks in advance, Arianna Klein-Arfman.e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's what you need to do to remove the old one.
Go to Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs and scroll down until you find Norton 360
Click on it and then a change/remove button should appear (click on this button) and it should let you remove it from here for good.
Let me know if you have problems or questions with doing this. After this is done, you can then install the new Norton and everything should work normally.
Posted on Dec 24, 2008
To start installation from the download:
1. Most web browsers will automatically attempt to open the installer file as part of the download process
2. If your browser does not open the file automatically, locate the downloaded file and double click it
3. Read through the license agreement and click Agree to continue.
To start installation from the Security Software Starter CD-Rom
1. Place the CD in the CD-Rom drive and wait for the disk to mount.
2. When the Security Starter icon appears on the desktop, double click it.
Installation is identical from this point on for both download and CD-Rom
1. Open the Norton Personal Firewall folder
2. Open the NPF for OSX folder
3. Double-click Install Personal Firewall.mpkg
4. On some systems, the installer will need to run a program to determine if installation can continue. Click Continue.
5. On the Welcome to Norton Personal Firewall Installer window, click Continue
6. Read the Important Information. Click Continue to proceed.
7. Read the Software License Agreement. Click Continue.
8. You must AGREE with the license terms to continue installation.
9. Select a destination volume where the software should install. Click Continue to proceed.
10. Click Install or Upgrade to perform a standard installation.
11. When prompted to Authenticate, enter your username and password. Click Ok to continue.
12. You are given a warning that installing the software requires a restart. Click Continue Installation.
13. Once all files are installed, you will be asked if you want to run LiveUpdate. Click Yes.
Note: LiveUpdate requires a connection to the Internet.
14. After LiveUpdate has finished, click Restart to complete the installation.
Running the Norton Personal Firewall Setup Assistant
1. The first time Norton Personal Firewall runs, it will launch the Setup Assistant to help you configure the firewall. Click Continue.
2. Setup Assistant checks for any internet services running on your computer. It displays what it has found in the Access Settings window. If any services were found, you should review them carefully and only allow the ones you are sure you need.
3. If any services are found and you choose to allow them, Setup Assistant will ask you how much access to allow. Choose Only computers on my local network or The entire Internet and click Continue.
4. Using the slider, choose a protection level. The default, Medium, is usually sufficient. Click Continue.
6. Setup Assistant is finished. Click Done.
The firewall will now run whenever you start your computer.
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Aug 18, 2011 | Symantec Computers & Internet
Feb 01, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 20, 2010 | Symantec Norton 360 Security
May 31, 2010 | Symantec NORTON 360 3.0 CD SOP 5U RET...
Apr 01, 2010 | Symantec Norton 360 Full Version for PC...
Sep 30, 2009 | Symantec Norton Internet Security 2008:...
Sep 28, 2009 | Symantec Norton 360 Full Version for PC...
Oct 22, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jul 04, 2008 | Computers & Internet
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!