Cut scenes jump
There may be a number of issues that contribute to your game not loading, or freezing up when trying to play. Please try the following:
1. Confirm the disc is clean. To clean a disc, use lint-free cleaning cloths made specifically for cleaning CD/DVD discs, sold at computer software stores. When cleaning the disc, we recommend starting from the innermost circle, and wiping out to the edge in a straight line.
We do not recommend wiping in a circular motion, as it may create more scratches on the disc.
**Note: Other materials, such as a paper towel or a T-shirt, may also scratch the disc. If there are any scratches, smudges, or fingerprints on the disc, it may not function properly. Also, do not use or insert any CD/DVD drive cleaners into the Playstation 3 as doing so may cause damage to the system.
2. Confirm that you have updated the Playstation 3 computer entertainment system with the most recent system software . You can check the version you have installed on your Playstation 3 by selecting:
* Then System Settings.
* Then System Information.
3. Some Playstation or Playstation 2 format software titles may perform differently on the PS3 system. To identify the compatibility status1 of a specific title, please use the Backward Compatibility Status Search provided by Sony.
4. Try playing different CDs, DVDs, and games on the Playstation 3 console to see if the problem exists across multiple discs. Also try playing the disc on a different Playstation 3 console.
5. Confirm that you are not using any game modification devices. Unlicensed devices such as game modification devices can interfere with the proper function of the software. We do not recommend the use of any game modification devices or unlicensed products.
Turn off the BD 1080p 24Hz Output(HDMI) option. If the Blu-ray DiscTM does not support 1080p 24Hz video mode, the video output may not display properly. Go to [BD 1080p 24Hz Output(HDMI)] under [Settings] > [BD/DVD Settings] and select "Off".
6. Confirm that the disc you want to play is supported by the PS3 system.
The PS3 system will support the following media formats*:
Media Formats Supported on the Playstation 3 console
PLAYSTATION®3 format software with either region  or [ALL] a
Playstation 2 format software (NTSC U/C standard) - (Not supported on the 40GB model)
Playstation format software (NTSC U/C standard)
Audio CDs, CD-R/-RW, Super Audio CDs b, c
DVD Video with either region  or [ALL] a
DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW a, c
Blu-ray DiscTM (BD) containing video content with region code [A] e
BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE c, d, e
a - When outputting DVD content or Playstation 3 format software in SD resolution, only discs recorded in the NTSC standard can be played.
b - Multi-channel Super Audio CD playback requires a multi-channel audio receiver with HDMI input.
c - Playback only.
d - Playback of BD-RE ver 1.0 discs is not supported.
e - Copyright-protected Blu-ray video discs can only be output at 1080p using an HDMI cable connected to a device that is compatible with the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) standard.
* The 40GB Playstation 3 model does not support SACD.
Apr 03, 2010 |
Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console