Question about Heating & Cooling
1) Thermostat sends signal to furnace when temp drops.
2) Exhaust fan comes on for a minute or so.
3) Ignitor comes on and glows.
4) Gas turns on and ignites.
5) After about 10 seconds gas turns off.
6) After a few seconds ignitor glows again.
7) Gas turns on and ignites.
8) Sometimes gas will stay on, heats the house and turns off as designed. Sometimes it repeats steps 5,6 & 7. Other times I have to turn power off to reset the logic.
Is this a faulty thermostat in the plenum? Is this common with Rheem Furnaces?
Try cleaning the flame sensor. It is located right besides the last burner. Looks like a thick piece of wire. Take steel wool and gently remove the carbon that has built up. Should only take 4 or 5 strokes. Let me know how it goes after that. ken
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2017 | Heating & Cooling
Feb 13, 2015 | Heating & Cooling
Oct 29, 2010 | Electric Circuit Breaker Kit for Furnace
Mar 07, 2010 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Jan 06, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
Dec 25, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Nov 23, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Jan 17, 2009 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Jan 15, 2009 | Honeywell Electronic Programmable...
Jan 04, 2009 | Honeywell Electronic Programmable...
Jun 28, 2017 | Heating & Cooling
517 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!