Question about Heating & Cooling
1) Thermostat sends signal to furnace when temp drops.
2) Exhaust fan comes on for a minute or so.
3) Ignitor comes on and glows.
4) Gas turns on and ignites.
5) After about 10 seconds gas turns off.
6) After a few seconds ignitor glows again.
7) Gas turns on and ignites.
8) Sometimes gas will stay on, heats the house and turns off as designed. Sometimes it repeats steps 5,6 & 7. Other times I have to turn power off to reset the logic.
Is this a faulty thermostat in the plenum? Is this common with Rheem Furnaces?
Try cleaning the flame sensor. It is located right besides the last burner. Looks like a thick piece of wire. Take steel wool and gently remove the carbon that has built up. Should only take 4 or 5 strokes. Let me know how it goes after that. ken
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2017 | Heating & Cooling
Feb 13, 2015 | Heating & Cooling
Oct 29, 2010 | Electric Circuit Breaker Kit for Furnace
Mar 07, 2010 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Jan 06, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
Dec 25, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Nov 23, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Jan 17, 2009 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Jan 15, 2009 | Honeywell Electronic Programmable...
Jan 04, 2009 | Honeywell Electronic Programmable...
522 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!