Question about Air Conditioners
1) Thermostat sends signal to furnace when temp drops.
2) Exhaust fan comes on for a minute or so.
3) Ignitor comes on and glows.
4) Gas turns on and ignites.
5) After about 10 seconds gas turns off.
6) After a few seconds ignitor glows again.
7) Gas turns on and ignites.
8) Sometimes gas will stay on, heats the house and turns off as designed. Sometimes it repeats steps 5,6 & 7. Other times I have to turn power off to reset the logic.
Is this a faulty thermostat in the plenum? Is this common with Rheem Furnaces?
Try cleaning the flame sensor. It is located right besides the last burner. Looks like a thick piece of wire. Take steel wool and gently remove the carbon that has built up. Should only take 4 or 5 strokes. Let me know how it goes after that. ken
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2010 | Air Conditioners
Mar 03, 2010 | Ruud Matching Split Air Conditioner
Feb 13, 2010 | Ruud UBHC Air Conditioner
Nov 28, 2009 | Carrier 38CKC042 Air Conditioner
Feb 27, 2009 | Air Conditioners
Feb 21, 2009 | Goodman CPLE24-1 Air Conditioner
Jan 06, 2009 | Air Conditioners
Aug 08, 2008 | Weather King 12AJA6001AH Air Conditioner
Jun 08, 2008 | Honeywell Air Conditioners
516 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: