Set a power on password and cannot remember it for compaq c300
we need to remove the battery (cmos) for a bit to clear the passwords, heres how:
Before you begin any removal or installation procedures:
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the
computer is off or in hibernation, turn the computer on,
and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power cord.
4. Loosen the Phillips PM2.5×5.0 captive screw that
secures the memory/Mini Card module compartment cover
to the computer. (bottom of laptop)will see memory chips or slot when the cover is opened.
5. Lift the right side of the cover and swing it up and to the
left and remove it.
6. Make note of which antenna cable is attached to which
antenna clip on the Mini Card module, and then disconnect
the auxiliary and main antenna cables from the Mini
7. Remove the two Phillips PM2.0×4.0 screws that secure the
Mini Card module to the computer.
8. Remove the Mini Card module by pulling the module away
from the socket at an angle .
Reverse the above procedure to install a Mini Card module
9. Remove the RTC battery from the socket on the
10. Wait approximately 5 minutes.
11. Replace the RTC battery and reassemble the computer.
12. Connect AC power to the computer. Do not reinsert any
batteries at this time.
13. Turn on the computer.
All passwords and CMOS settings have been cleared.
I leave the new password field blank unless you have worries about someone changing your settings in the BIOS.
Oct 07, 2008 |