Cannon imageclass d660 auto feed stopping 3/4 way through
The auto page feeder stops feeding as soon as the paper clears the long roller, I cleaned the paper separator tab as directed but the stoppage is after the page has been totally scanned and then jams on the out feed of the original
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: cannon imageclass d660 auto feed stopping 3/4 way...
There are some small plastic pieces in this feed that can do this. This is an older machine, the whole top feeder can be replaced for $150.00 Its $100.00 dealer cost. And they will want an hours labor.
If that doesnt sound good I would buy a new machine.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Clean the Paper Feed Roller.
(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.
(2) Press the Black or Color button.
The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
4. Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.
(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.
The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.
If the problem is not resolved after cleaning the Paper Feed Roller, contact the service center.
NOTE:After the cleaning is completed, press the Stop / Reset button to return the LED to the copy standby mode.
If the paper feed rollers are not clean, they may slip and cause paper feeding problems. The problem may be alleviated by performing paper feed roller cleaning.
1. Open the Printers folder.
- For Windows XP Home Edition
Click/Select "Start," "Control Panel," "Printers and Other Hardware," and "Printers and Faxes."
- For Windows XP Professional Edition
Click "Start" and "Printers and Faxes."
- For Windows 2000/Me/98
Click/Select "Start," and "Settings," then "Printers."
2. Right-click the icon of the printer for paper feed roller cleaning, and select Properties from the displayed list.
3. Click the Maintenance tab and click Roller Cleaning.
4. Remove all sheets of paper from the auto sheet feeder, and click OK.
5. Confirm the message to be displayed, and click OK. Do not try other operations until printer's operation completes.
6. When the printer's operation is completed, follow the confirmation message to load three new sheets of A4 or letter-sized plain paper in the auto sheet feeder
7. Click OK.
8. Confirm the message to be displayed, and click OK. Do not try other operations until all the three sheets are ejected.
The printer prints nothing on those sheets.
9. When all the three sheets of the paper are ejected, paper feed roller cleaning is completed.
10. Click OK.
Performing Roller Cleaning is completed.
try copying blank pages. If it feeds the paper, then try faxing again. If it does not feed the paper, then open the feeder and clean the rollers and the separator pad. You can use a coffee filter moisten with distilled or bottled water to clean them.
Try copying blank pages again to check if it feeds the paper.
I suggest you get a sheet of Card Stock (Heavy
paper) and place it in the feed way. Then press the print
button applying a slight amount of pressure on the Card Stock so it
will feed through the printer. The reason for this, is in some cases I
have been able to clear the paper track of debris that was deposited there
Worth a try, as I have fixed a number of printers this
way, saving costly repairs.
Hope this helps.Bud
Have you still getting the problem, have you done cleaning of Cartridge, its nozzle and Contact strip.. then cleaning of Printer roller or carriage rack.. Do a Service of it or get it done by Technician.
Also check the feeder tray.. to grab paper one by one by printer.. Manually
The ADF is the Automatic Document feeder through which you feed the paper in on top of the printer. Usually the cover swivle/opens up, and you can check if there is paper debris in the rollers. Clean the rollers with cotton pad and some alcohol.