I have 2 gateway ML6227b laptops. It started with 1 then the other started.The power connection doesn not work. Its not the battery as my son and I swapped batteries and i'd charge his up while he used my battery as his connection was the first to go. Then mine went and now we cant charge either laptop up or sit connected to a power sourse. Has anyone any ideas how to solve this please
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: gateway laptop wont connect to power
The only thing you can really do in this case is call gateway and see if they can repair this. it seems like something internal. Hopefully the computers are still under warranty. Sorry for the bad news.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It might not be anything your doing wrong, the wireless portion of the card may have just gone bad. you could check this out by reconnecting your old router back up to verify it works or doesn't. If it doesn't work your wireless in your laptop went bad presuming that the wireless was not deactivated on the laptop. if it does work the Vista Driver may be incompatible with the new router, you may be able to hook up both routers at the same time which would allow you to keep using your HP system.
Lexmark is one of the most popular printer manufacturers, and the installation process is fairly straightforward no matter what computer brand you have. Lexmark, however, doesn't always include all of the equipment required to hook up the printer. If you want to hook up your Lexmark printer to your Gateway laptop, you will probably need to purchase a printer USB cable.
1.Plug your Lexmark printer into the power outlet. 2.Turn on your laptop, or make sure all software programs are closed if your computer is already on. 3.Insert your installation disk into your Gateway laptop's CD or DVD drive. Wait for the "Welcome" screen to appear. If it doesn't appear after a minute, launch the installation CD manually by going to your start menu and clicking on "Run." In the "Run" field, type: D:\setup.exe 4.Press the "Install" button on your "Welcome" screen to go on to the "Introduction" screen. 5.Press "Continue" on the "Introduction screen" and press "Continue" again on the "Read Me" screen. Agree to the license agreement and follow any additional installation prompts. 6.Connect the Lexmark printer to your Gateway laptop when prompted. Plug the USB cable to the back of the Lexmark printer in the "Quick Connect Laptop Port." Then plug the other end of the USB to your Gateway laptop.
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for using fixya.
This may be a problem with the bios. Try to reset the bios. follow the below procedure
1. remove the main battery 2. remove any USB cables etc., if connected 3. hold the power button for 15 secs. 4. reconnect the power adapter (Do not install the battery yet)
Later if the system starts well then shut down the Laptop and install back the battery and connect the charger and start the Laptop again
If the above will not solve the problem then follow the next step
1. Remove the power adapter and the battery 2. Open the back side cover where the Memory is installed. 3. remove the BIOS battery 4. leave the laptop for a while may be 10 mins. 5. Now connect the BIOS battery back 6. System will automatically start do not press the power button 7. set the date and time 8. Shut down the Laptop 9. Start normally back on.
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced. 2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop. 3. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work. 4. The power button could be bad. 5. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
1. Check your power cord & adapter. 2. If its working then check the battery, reseat the battery & check. 3. If available then check with another battery 4. If no, then remove the battery & switch on the PC in AC mode. 5. Check if battery charging indication or AC power on indication is glowing. if not then need to change ur motherboard. 6. If indication is OK, but could not power ON then check ur RAM for any loose connection or dust. clean & reinstall. 7. If still no display, connect an external monitor, check if display is comming. 8. If Display is coming then your LCD need to replace.
There could be a problem with the battery. A fast check to determine whether you have a problem with the power
adapter, power cord or the laptop's battery is to turn off the laptop,
remove the battery, connect the power adapter, turn on the laptop &
see if it works. If the laptop works directly from the power adapter
with the battery removed, then the power adapter is good. In this case
we can suspect that the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
the socket where the cord plugs into the back of the laptop gets wattered out and does not make a good connection when it gets this way. I suggest that not move it so much it kinda defeats the purpose of a laptop. though