Color printer model # Aficio SP C410 DN it defaults to bypass try and won't recognize letter size paper in tray 1. was working fine yesterday until someone messed with it... don't know what they did.. When I try to print test page get error saying mis-matched paper size.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you can take off the bypass unit, two screws and a harness, you may be able to check the shaft, bushings and rollers. Sometimes removing jammed paper cause parts to get out of normal position. The grinding noise for example, gears not meshing together correctly. If it worked before the jam, then that is where I would look.
Two things to check for a problem like this: 1) Driver Settings: If your computer's drivers are telling the machine to pull from the bypass tray it'll ignore the machine settings. You're kind of on your own here figuring it out, if you can't though then try deleting the printer from the computer and re-installing it (will default settings)
2) Manual Feed sensor: When you put paper into the bypass try you're activating a flag which tells a sensor there's paper there, if this flag is stuck forcing the sensor to constantly think you have paper there it would always to pull from there. Find the flag, move it back and forth, hit it with some air from a can of air.
Re: CP2025 cleaning at every possible moment
Talked to HP support and fixed mine by changing Settings/Paper Handling/Tray 2 Type to "Heavy 111-130g"
All paper handling settings as follows:
Default Paper Size:
Default Paper Type:
Tray 1 Size:
Tray 1 Type:
Tray 2 Size:
Tray 2 Type:
Paper Out Handling
Specify Time and Action
Paper Out Time:
Paper Out Action:
From the control panel of the printer, do the following:
1. arrow down once to highlight the 2nd item: "paper handling".
2. press the check button (turquoise color) to select this option.
3. arrow down 2x's until you highlight the "tray 2 size".
4. hit the check button to select this item.
5. You should see a size that is "letter" and there should be a ' * ' asterisk which means that is the default setting. If you see other paper sizes as well, then arrow up or arrow down to highlight the preferred size, and then press the check button to insert the asterisk ' * ' which will set that as the default.
6. you change the paper type as well as paper size for the other trays in the same fashion. Most HP printers will select paper according to the SIZE as well as the TYPE. The printer can "sense" the paper size in the paper cassette tray by the stops that hold the paper. Therefore the printer will choose that paper based upon the SIZE and what you define as its type.
there are two places to set the paper tray on the ricoh aficio 2035 print drivers first make sure you are using the PCL 5 drivers not pcl6 or rpcs then go to the printers folder and set the defaults by right clicking the printer and selecting properties printing preferences, then go into word and select print set up and properties then defaults for printer select bypass tray and select labels enter the correct sheet size for the labels from the drop down box click apply and you should be set.
if this resolves your issue please rate my anser accordingly
This is happening to me also. The rollers sound like they're turning, but the paper doesn't advance. I then go into th emachine and spin the roller cam a bit and it seems to clear the problem. Any idea what's happening?
It is pulling paper from the tray specified within the application you are printing from or the driver. For example, from Microsoft word, you would have to go into page setup and select the tray you would like it to pull from. You will also want to check which tray it is pulling from in the driver, however the application generally overrides the driver settings. Both of which override anything you program at the machine.
these settings need to be done with the RPCS printer driver, go to properties and then custom settings from there you can tell the printer where to print from. http://www.websitetoolbox.com/mb/copierquestions
On printer check media/paper type tray 2 or 3 is plain and tray 2/3 is set for letter paper size too, via printer control panel. Also check under paper handling other options for tray 1, also on tray 2 and 3, I think there is a blue little round switch on left should be set as letter not custom.
Some paper types cannot be feed from anywhere else but tray1/bypass ie labels/laminate/card stock.
Check print driver on pc has tray 3 option installed and is not set as default to print to manual bypass/tray 1
light flashing cause printer wants paper type/size that it "thinks" it hasn't got in tray 2/3