Question about ViewSonic V36 Pocket PC
I dont know what to do, everytime i try and start up my V36 it gets to the screen where it says Please Wait 15 Seconds then it goes away then lights up again like its going to do something then it shuts itself off and i cant figure out how to get through that, i've tried buying a new battery and new charger and new cords and everything, but it still does it even without the battery and just it plugged in.. please help me..
Ok Here is the REAL way to fix this: Most people dont think the V36 - V37 neet to be put back to " out of the box " settings, SO....
1. Turn off the main switch ( behind the battery door V36 ) (ON OFF on the bottom, back V37 )
2. Remove the battery V36 no need V37
3. Heres the one everyone overlooks REMOVE ANY STORAGE CARDS
4. Give it about five min to sit
5. Return the battery V36 NOTE: plug in the ac power source now, NEVER DO ANY UPDATES OR RESTARTS WITH OUT THIS PLUGED IN, IF THE BATTERY IS WEEK OR THE UNIT SHUTS DOWN YOU GET TO START ALL OVER !
6. Turn on the power switch
7. Wait for the unit to start, go through the start up instructions on your unit.
8. VERY IMPORTANT: This sucks, you have to clear and re-format your storage card there may be something there that is conflicting with your unit, I know this sucks, I know, but move any files you want to keep, picts, documents, excel files etc to your PC or Laptop for safe keeping, DO NOT KEEP BACK UP FILES OR PROGRAMS INSTALLED HERE, they can cause problems. Once you re-format your card move your files back to your storage card, if the problem happens again then its a file you may have saved so at this point clear the card of ALL files start at number 1 and when you get back to 9 everything should work just fine.
9. You are ready to start over, install first any patch files for the folding keyboard, keyboard drivers or IO card drivers first, that will insure they will work, if you start installing other programs they may write files to your unit that will prevent them from installing correctly.
10. Install your reformatted storage card and start re-installing your software.
I hope this helps, I have owned the V35, V36 and V37 Viewsonic Pocket PC's and have had my fair share of problems with them but nothing that cant be fixed somehow and no more than any other Pocket PC's out there.
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
Hello everyone, I´ve found out that this happens when the internal cmos battery drains out, since I´m located in Venezuela and this battery is hard to find, I´ve decided to recharge it for 5 min. on a normal battery charger, then I proceded to cold boot the unit and worked out just great. I Hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 25, 2007
Why don't you try to do a hard reset by one finger you hold the power button, the other hand use your stylus if this PDA has to hit on reset point at either at the bottom of the unit or aside and at the same time to bring th eunit back to the manufactuer default setting and from there, you may be able to find out what is going in on. The symtom is seem your PDA has software or firmware conflict and you may need to sync with PC to rerun an update firmware. Please visit www.viewsonic.com and check for download and update for detail. You may be able to see some solution there from other users. I hope this help.
Posted on Apr 11, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2014 | Chromo Inc Chromo AAAAAAAA White 4gb 7"...
Jul 29, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Impala
Jan 14, 2018 | ViewSonic V36 Pocket PC
Feb 06, 2011 | 1992 Buick Riviera
Jan 05, 2011 | 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 20, 2010 | 1994 Ford Escort
Dec 03, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Apr 07, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Impala
Mar 01, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Nov 27, 2008 | Ovens
421 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: