Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly. this is problem in my computer
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As you may have already notice, there isn't a problem with your driver.
However to gain a better understand the problem you rule out a couple of things. However, if the this problem is only present in windows media player. Then you should try another play i.e. VLC media player.
1. Go to you device manager and make sure the device is working properly. If not try uninstalling the device, restarted the computer letting windows discover the device again.
2. Next go to windows media player file (press "alt" key to get toolbar in newer version. Select options -> devices select your speaker -> properties and be sure that your audio device is available and selected.
3. Finally if all these options has failed, please use an alternative media like the one mention above (VLC media player).
I hope this have been a great help in your troubles. Please provide feedback on the solution.
go to control panel-sound-default audio device & check which device is enabled as default device. In case of HD audio remove the speaker jack & reinsert, if that port is selected as default audio then you should get an immediate message saying 'audio jack plugged in'.
Your sound card might be in use by another application.
0xC00D11BA: Cannot play the file Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device, such as a sound card or sound controller. You may encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:
Your sound device is in use by another program. Quit other programs that may be using your sound device, and then try to play the file again. Your sound device is not functioning properly. To troubleshoot the problem, see the Sound Troubleshooter in Windows Help or refer to your sound device's documentation. You do not have a sound device installed on your computer. Install a sound device, and then try to play the file again. Error ID = 0xC00D11BA, Condition ID = 0x00000000
windows key + R = open : devmgmt.msc Sounds, video and game controlers > (right click) Realtek high definition audio > update driver sofware > browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list...> double click on Realtek high definition audio > YES to update driver warning > AND SWEET SOUND IS AUDIBLE :D
The reason for the message will be the fact that windows doesnt recognise that there is a sound device available because the driver for your sound card or onboard sound is not built into XP and therefore you will have to find out what make of audio you have and install the relevant driver.