Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
I turn on 360 and it reads game disc but it won't play games instead it says play DVD. when i select play DVD it says "To play this disc, put it an Xbox 360 console". If I turn off and restart console it will eventully play the game but it takes over 10 tries.
The problem is that the laser is either dying out, is dirty, or is not getting enough power.
so try to fix it using these steps...
- first open the 360 and pull out the dvd drive and open it up too.
- clean everything out good with compressed air, and q-tips dipped in alcohol.
- now you need to adjust the power going to the laser.Sometimes you may have to try multiple settings before getting it justright. Just keep adjusting the resistance lower and lower until itworks.
- if you tried multiple settings and still get the errors, then either get a replacement drive, or a new laser for it. Click Here for how to properly install the new laser.
- if you get a replacement drive, please not that there is a key in the pcb of the drive that must match the key from the motherboard, so you must either spoof firmware with the key, or swap out the old pcb board and put it in to the new drive.
If you need more dvd drive repair help click here
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 26, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 05, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 24, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 14, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Feb 18, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jun 11, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 19, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Oct 26, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
585 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!