Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
The system claims the yellow cartridge is empty and won't print color. The cartridge is full. I have replaced it several times to no avail... I tried various hardware reset techniques I found on the web (ususally for other HP model printers) but cannot get this error to clear. I suspect a clogged tube or malfunctioning ink level sensor but don't know how to troubleshoot or resolve.
Problem fix step by step:
1) Remove all ink cartridges, not just the affected cartridge. Close the doors and the access door.
2) Unplug printer without powering it down.
3) Plug in printer while holding down the # key and the number 6 key simultaneously. DO NOT RELEASE THEM! The printer will start up and then after a few seconds shut down.
4) Press the "On" button
5) Reinsert all ink cartridges.
6) Send me thank you notes. I spent hours on chat with HP support until we got the correct fix!
Posted on May 27, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Remove the cartridges and cover the small windows on them with a small piece of duct tape to fit it(only on the window). Reinstall them and it will be fixed!
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2013 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 12, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 30, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 14, 2011 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Apr 29, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 28, 2009 | HP C6280 All-in-One Printer
Jul 27, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2500L Printer
Dec 23, 2008 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
515 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!