You do not need to use media player. Just a USB cable that will fit your device.
- Connect device to PC
- A box should open on PC asking something like "what do you want do do?" Select the option that opens folder to view files. When folder opens, leave it open and move to step 4.
- If a box does not appear in step 2: click "My Computer" or "Computer" on Vista systems, then look for a device with a drive letter (usually F: or G: or H:). This represents your mp3 playerconnected to your system and you can access it from here. Click it and it will open a file on your mp3 player for you to put music on.
- Open the folder on your computer that contains the music files you want to put on your mp3 player. These files are usually found in you "My Music" folder.
- Hold the Ctrl button and highlight all the music files you want on your mp3 player. When all are selected, release the Ctrl button, right click one of the highlighted files, and select "copy"
- go back to the folder for your music player and right click an empty area of the folder where the files would be shown, and select "paste."
- Look in your tray (the little icon area near your computer's clock) and see if there is a little icon that says "safely remove hardware" when you hover the cursor over it. If this is present, then click it and select the option to safely remove the device with the drive letter your music player was listed as. If you don't know the drive letter, then follow the first part of step 3 to find out what it is