Question about LG Televison & Video
LG DVD Player/Video Cassette Recorder. Code 314159 was entered to enable playing NTSC DVD Now don't know how to restore to Region 4.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Region code hack posted by anindo_roy, January 09 2009:
I bought a Samsung DVD player 1080PK in Bangalore recently (Jan 2009) and initially it was coded only for region 5 (India). I went through the following steps (which were told to me by a Samsung technician) to make it region free. This steps match closely to the one posed by another viewer so I have retained the same format.
1) Turn on the player with no disc in the tray
2) Press the Open/Close button to open the tray
3) Press the info button, the firmware version shows up
4) After the version info disappears, close the tray again by pressing the Open/Close button
5) At this point, it will show "no disc" at the top. Press the Info button again, and this will disappear.
6) Locate the Repeat A-B button on the remote, which in my case was ‘9’
6) Now type the code that applies for your region (R5 (India) is 53814) followed by 9 (Repeat A-B button) and then press the Enter button. So enter 538149 and then Enter. A last few digits ‘4’ and '9' may briefly show up at the top left corner.
8) Power off the player, and turn it on again. You'll have a multi region player
Region Code for the 1080PK hack:
R1 - 29334
R2 - 57538
R3 - 56732
R4 - 76884
R5 - 53814
R6 - 24462
This worked for me after a couple of tries.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
SOURCE: Unlock LG DP450 DVD
hi its a bit late but someone might benefit from this. Make sure that u CLOSE dvd cover.
Make sure that there is no disk in. CLOSE dvd cover. Press power on on remote. if dvd goes into standby press power again. unit will be searching for a disk. as soon as player says NO DISK (heres where u have to guess since the bloody thing is closed) press PAUSE then press 314159 in quickly. Now open and voila the screen will read current region whatever...next press 0 then PAUSE and finally Power key. it worked for me after trying a billion times the 314159 thing.
Posted on May 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2015 | LG RH1777 DVD Recorder
on Oct 15, 2008 | LG RH1999H DVD Recorder/HDD Recorder
Jul 25, 2011 | LG BD550 Blu-Ray Player
Mar 26, 2010 | LG RC897T DVD Recorder/VCR Combo
Sep 13, 2009 | LG V271 DVD Player/VCR
Aug 30, 2009 | Televison & Video
Apr 22, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jan 13, 2009 | LG XBR446 DVD Recorder/VCR
Mar 04, 2008 | LG RH266 Recorder
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: