Question about SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Failed to load main image, switch to recovery mode" do
I have sansa E250 I followed all steps up but still not working
failed to load main image, switch to recovery mode
Posted on Mar 17, 2008
There might have been a problem with the player turning on due to system failure of power usage. We may need to use a recovery mode procedure to make your mp3 player turn on. Please do the following steps:
1. Turn the player off. Hold the power button down for 20 seconds to make sure it shuts down then put the "Hold" switch ON. The Hold switch is located at the top part of the mp3 player.
2. Now hold the "Record" button while you connect it to the computer. Keep holding it until it finishes installing the new device.
After doing this, let us try updating your firmware. To do this, please disconnect the player from the computer if it is connected. Copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your Desktop.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions:
1. Double click on "My Computer" so that you can see it on your screen.
2. Turn the player off.
3. On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4. On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5. Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6. Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7. Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.
8. After successfully applying the firmware update, download the Sansa Firmware Updater from our website www.sandisk.com.
9. Go to Products/MP3 Players/SanDisk Sansa e200 Series MP3 Players.
10. On the next page Click on Firmware Update in the Additional Product Info box on the right,
11. On the Sansa Firmware Updater page Click on Download Sansa Firmware Updater choosing the option to save it to your desktop.
12. Locate the file on your desktop and Double+Click to run the install and follow the onscreen prompts to update the firmware to the latest version.
You can check your firmware version on the player by selecting "Settings" from the main Menu and then "Info".
Posted on Nov 27, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Nov 12, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Sep 23, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Aug 05, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jun 01, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jan 23, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
165 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: