My camera has been working great, but I was viewing tapes just about all day and this is when the problem started. When I place the tape in the slot,the slot will not go down and it says to remove cassette. The slot will go down without the tape, but not with the tape. It make the sound as if it was going to go down, but it does not.Please help. I really need this to work. My daughter has an "area" track meet on Wednesday, & I really need this to work Thanks a million, Roxane
I have one doing the same thing. I called Cannon and the told me I would have to send it in for service. Now after reading that about 10 other folks having the same issue, I think Cannon has some issue with the ZR100. Of course mine is out of warranty. Everyone should call Cannon and complain.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did you purchase the camera used? This is often a sign of dirty read heads. Run a head cleaning tape, and that should take care of it. You might also check the tapes you are using. In the days of 8mm, there was 8mm tape, and Hi8 tape, and the two didn't mix well.
The problem is a
rubber tape tension roller. Simply eject the tape, look inside where the
tape goes. You will see a black rubber cylinder that may have a white
plastic tube protruding. If you have long tweezer or a hemostat remove
the plastic tube which hold the rubber tensioner in place, then remove
the rubber tension cylinder. Clean the shaft of the black rubber
tensioner with alcohol on a q-tip. Replace rubber tension cylinder and
Also, the tapes can cause the problem. This
process is possible by one person, but you may need another person or
have three hands. The C:31:23 is tape tension error. The tape has
become stuck. Simply eject the tape. Holding the tape upside down, pull
back on the tape cover release slide on the left side of the tape, now
take the hemostat and push the tape release tab, located opposite of
the tape cover, push this tab down and back toward the back edge of the
tape. Now while holding both those release levers, take a pencil and
wind the tape past the bad spot or until the tape winds freely. I did both of these and was able to use the camera again and view all my tapes! Good luck and QUIT SPANKING YOUR CAMERAS!!!!
Sounds crazy, but It worked
I open up the tape door, ejected the tape. lightly squeezed the two long
sides of the piece that hold the tape in place. I placed the tape back in. The tape fit slightly more snug in the cassette holder.
This worked for me.
The gray strips usually mean the camera has dirt video heads - if it hasn't been dropped. Get a head-cleaning tape from Radio Shack or Best Buy, and run it a few times. If that doesn't do it, it'll have to be cleaned by a repair shop. Off brand tapes sometimes can cause this.
There is a fix for this which was posted for either the ZR 200 or 400. They call it the "Fonzie" fix. Just hit the camcorder with your fist on the side where the tape goes in (with the door closed). Hit it lightly once, try inserting the tape. Repeat this process with increasing force each time until this works.
Surprisingly, this worked for me. Obviously, there must be something loose for this type of solution to work. I actually had it working once, then it acted up again. I tried the same solution and it's working again. No problems for several days now.