My mother in law thought she was using the timer feature but what in fact she was doing was actually operating the microwave to time a meal on the stove. The microwave ran with nothing in it for approx. 10 minutes. now it is dead as a door nail, no lights no power nothing. the outside of it was pretty hot.
Is it ruined? is there a way that i can check for maybe a fuse or something?
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Child locks on microwaves act as a safety feature to prevent children from getting harmed or from causing other possible damage. The child safety lock does not lock access to the microwave; it simply prevents the microwave from being operated. To remove the child lock press the Stop button three times.
Lock the microwaveIf you wish to re-lock the microwave, perform a similar procedure. Instead of pressing the Stop button you need to press the Start button. Press the Start button three consecutive times to lock the microwave. This enables the child lock once again and prevents the microwave from being operated.
check this video also. Many Whirlpool microwaves are made by LG. between these two you should get it. How do you remove the child lock on microwave
As far as your microwave is concerned, do you have a problem with the operation of the device? If so, please post your problem/question. Someone will get you an answer.
If it is operating instructions ... well ... they are simple machines. NEVER PUT METAL INSIDE. Use microwave safe dishes. Never heat liquids for more than 2 minutes. Put what ever you want inside and select the time you want it to cook. Most microwavable foods come with microwave instructions on the package. If yours has a turn table, you will not have to turn the food. If yours does not have a turn table, use 1/2 the time indicated then turn the food and start anew on the timer with the other 1/2 the recommended time. Never open the door while the microwave is actually cooking. Use the stop button, then check the food. Always presume that the cooked contents are HOT.
BTW, based on your post, I have actually seen your neighborhood on Google Earth. Do you live in the big building on the South side of Reeves Road or just in front of it? I think you are between the big building and Birch Run Drive. Are you the Dawn that works at WFMJ? I might have found your Facebook page, although there a lot of Dawns that meet the criteria I put in ... I say this not to worry you, I will not pursue this any further ... just to make the point that you must get this post deleted as soon as you can.
Thank you for your question ... I hope I have helped you with your microwave question.
Point of interest, I grew up about 40 miles from you.
If a Goldstar, LG or Zenith MV1610 or MV1608 is running but not seeming to heat a load placed in center of turntable, its probably because the "stirrer" intended to spread microwaves generated by the magnetron around the cook chamber is stuck so that most all the heating is directed toward the back and top rather than the center of the cook chamber.This usually occurs after cooking for longer than a minute with no load in the cook chamber - as when a model w/o a timer (such as a MV1608) is intentionally operated in cook mode to serve as a kitchen timer, or when a model with a timer function (such a MV1610) is accidentally operated for longer than a minute w/o any load.Before assuming the magnetron (usually warranted for 5, 8 or even 10 years) or other high voltage component such as diode or capacitor needs to be replaced, try “cooking” a 16 oz pyrex cup of water at full power on the outer edge of the turntable for 2-3 minutes - which usually reactivates the "stirrer" and restores normal cooking function.