I have a CPI alarm. Trouble light came on when backup battery went bad. Replaced backup battery with a new one from Batteries Plus, then pressed Reset to reset the panel, but the trouble light remains on. The alarm is monitored by CPI and the trouble indicator reported to me by them was low batt. So, they told me to replace the battery and I did. When I called them on the weekend to see it they were still getting a trouble they said everything looked good. Any ideas on how to get rid of the trouble light?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Reset? Is the Computer connected to a Battery Backup, UPS? You are getting power at the AC outlet? Not a tripped circuit breaker? Have you open the computer and looked for a in-line fuse? What happens when you try to boot? Anything? Fans spin? Sound? LED's Blink? What? Try here for the appropriate manuals, user, service: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?locale=en_us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=3328519&prodTypeId=12454 If you don't have your Electronics on Battery Backup or Surge Protection you going to have these and worse issues. Their are no garrenties, but it will help to have these devices. I have seen every electronic device in the house fried and must be replaced from Portable phones to expensive TV's and all in between.
As far as I know desktops do not have batteries unless you have an external UPS power backup system. If you are getting low voltage alarms or unexpected system shutdowns your power supply needs to be replaced. If you are using a laptop and you are plugged into an outlet and your battery is in this can cause the battery to go bad. E.I. if you use an outlet take out your battery.
I hope this helps.
"I have checked ram and every thing else" (sic) When you say everything else, I presume you mean with No HD, No DVD, NO "Other" cards in slots, No USB, & just a monitor connected? If yes to all those, then yes I would think that the MB has developed a Fault. The "Red Light" this LED usually signals that the MB is receiving good power, it is NOT a "Fault Light". have you REPLACED the RAM with new ones? You say "Alarm" what exactly is this alarm sound?
Were you having problems with short battery life before this happened? Most of the time if the battery is not recharging it needs to be replaced. Have never seen the red flashing light before though. It may mean that the battery has shorted out.
From the Acer website: Product Notebook
Issue Power Issues or Will not
Solution If the notebook does not
Make sure the ac
adapter is correctly plugged into the notebook and into the power
If everything is
plugged in correctly and it still will not power on, follow these steps to
complete a ‘power reset' of the notebook.
Unplug the ac
adapter. Keep ac adapter unplugged.
battery and keep the battery unplugged.
Hold the power
button down for 15-20 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of
the lights will light up.)
power button and plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power
indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged
on the notebook.
If the unit
does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the
Plug the ac
adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light
up. If the battery charging indicator light does not light up, the ac adapter
may not be providing proper power to the unit, and may need to be
Also, depending on whether your power went down "clean" (quick and stayed off), or went down and quickly came back on and off many times. Or when it came back on "clean" (came back on quick and stayed on), or it came on then off many times, your power supply may have been damaged from the power surges Are you having any problems with any other appliances?