Question about EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
I am running hyperterminal and connecting the null modem cable with my laptop but the "#" prompt does not appear. it is over 15 minutes. i thought the null modem cable would be faulty but a new one also shows same result. please help. the device shows 802.11g-SSID as the SSID and does not acquire an IP automatically in both wireless or wired modes. Please help what to do
It all depends how your cable is wired. I had to add a null modem adapter and a gender changer to the USB-to-serial cable I bought for this task before I could communicate with the radio. I suggest you try the null modem to see if that is your issue.
Posted on Oct 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2011 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
An RS-232 null modem serial cable is required for this procedure.
1. Connect the EOC-3220 to your computer with a null modem serial cable.
2. Start a HyperTerminal session: Click Start and then select Programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> HyperTerminal.
3. After the HyperTerminal window appears:
a. Give this new connection a name. Ex: EOC-3220.
b. Select correct COM port. Ex:COM1.
c. Set baud rate as "38400", data bits "8", parity "none", stop bits "1", and flow control as "None". Then press "OK" to bring up the HyperTerminal window.
4. Wait until the "#" is displayed in the HyperTerminal window.
5. Type "flash reset", then hit enter.
6. Type "reboot", then hit enter. After the device reboots, all settings will be at factory default.
Oct 25, 2010 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Aug 30, 2010 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Aug 12, 2010 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Aug 12, 2009 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Dec 22, 2008 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Dec 03, 2008 | EnGenius Wireless Access Points
Feb 21, 2008 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Nov 24, 2007 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Dec 05, 2013 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
304 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: