Question about Pioneer VSX-D704S Receiver
There is a problem with the apeakers, the speaker feed wires or worse case is a blown audio output stage circuit in the amp. Good Luck
Posted on Apr 08, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2015 | Pioneer VSX-D704S Receiver
Jul 16, 2011 | Pioneer VSX-D704S Receiver
Mar 23, 2011 | Pioneer VSX-D704S Receiver
Generally speaking, an amp protects itself from heat, shorts and overloads by refusing to turn on or stay on.
Overloads can be from excessive periods of high output or marginally low impedance loading by the speakers; and shorts would be wiring issues or a speaker blowing up.
You should be able to feel if it's hot. WHY is it overheating? Make sure it has sufficient ventilation on all sides and that vent holes are not blocked by dust balls. Ensure the fan (if equipped) is running as designed (some only operate on demand). Clean dust and debris from it.
If the amp comes back on after cooling, you're lucky. They only have so many self-protection cycles in their lives so continuously resetting or cycling their power without addressing the cause can do more harm than good.
If it protects immediately on a cool power up you should disconnect the speaker connections and try it 'naked'. If it comes up then diagnose which lead(s) are shorted. If it does not come up the problem is internal and should be left to an experienced and competent hands-on tech.
Feb 26, 2011 | Pioneer VSX-D704S Receiver
Jan 17, 2011 | Pioneer VSX-D704S Receiver
Nov 20, 2009 | Pioneer VSX-D704S Receiver
Aug 22, 2009 | Pioneer VSX-1019AHK A/V receiver
Jun 10, 2009 | Pioneer VSX-D704S Receiver
Dec 28, 2008 | Pioneer VSX-D411 Receiver
Apr 08, 2007 | Pioneer VSX-D704S Receiver
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: