- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unplug the comcast digital box and wait 20 seconds or so, then plug it back it. I had the same problem and was given this solution and it worked. NOTE: the program guide will require at least 24 hours to "fill up" again. I was told that the problem is that the cpu in the digital box gets overloaded and needs to be rebooted/reset.
To answer your question;
Your motorola will connect directly(not through the dvd) to the tv set into one of the input ,(preferably using hdmi or component cables for hd) and the dvd will use a different input,
All you have to do then is switch between which one you want to watch.
Hope this help Cheers
Comcast here. Most likely, the channels you need have been converted to a digital signal and now require a DTA (Digital Transport Adapter). Comcast is supplying our customer that lost programing as a result of the digitial transition up to 2 DTA's per home free of charge. Email our team at the address below. We'll get you cared for.
1) Connect the Tivo using the coax output of the cable box into the cable input of the Tivo
2) Exchange cable boxes with your cable provider for one with composite output jacks. It may require you to use a Motorola box that isn't High def depending on what your provider has. I know Comcast has a Motorola HD tuner that has composite outputs as well as component.
3) Upgrade to a Series 3 Tivo. Those units are designed for High Def. Use HDMI cable hookup.
I don't think you can use that box with Comcast, even if you were to get that lock pin removed, it still would not work with Comcast. The lock pin is easy to remove if that's a Comcast box, but the reps just hit a button on your account and it clears it. If the box is not able to be added to your account then they won't be able to remove the pin. Why don't you just get the DTA's for your TVs? You get 2 for free and you can get channels 2-99. What channels are you missing?