- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do you see any error message?
What operating system are you running?
Try to uninstall the application and then go to www.yahoo.com and download the latest version of the messenger.
Hope this helps!
Uninstall the current version, then my best guess would be to install a program that automatically installs the yahoo toolbar. I believe older versions of Yahoo Messenger can do this. Try them here:
Ever since yahoo upgraded from version 8 to 9 and then 10, their software has become extremely dodgy and problematic for many old school users like myself. I have used yahoo messenger since 1998, and this is by far too bad for a company of this size and scale, must be a sign of microsoft partnership... crappy codes!
solution: revert back to latest version 8 http://filehippo.com/download_yahoo_messenger/3153/
I have tried uninstalling using MS uninstaller utility and ran yahoo setup with an admin account as an administrator (R/Click) and the same ****ing problem over and over with the same code 0xc0150002, application failed to initialize, click ok to terminate.
This is the combination of microsoft's notoriosly fragile windows structure and yahoo's latest buggy messenger. Funny thing, when u check yahoo answers, u find the LAMEST and most ridiculous responses to questions regarding the subject. spammers and outright idiots respond with garbage. not even one solution to fix this.
so get an older version that works for u, to me its worth the trade off when the latest yahoo keeps failing me
There are 5 things that you must check:
1. At the start menu click on control panel>add or remove programs>set programs and access defaults>custom (there are 3 to chose from): check e-mail
2. At the tools menu click on internet options>programs: check e-mail
3. At the task-bar right click>properties>start menu>customize: check e-mail
4. At the start menu click on control panel>add or remove programs>change or remove programs: check if windows messenger 8.1 is still there 9.0 might need to be repaired. It will say change or remove.
5. At the start menu click on control panel> windows firewall>add a program: add windows 9.0 and make sure 8.1 has been deleted
You need to install yahoo messenger to be able instant messaging.If you have a problems with it after try to unninstall and install it again.
Sometimes downloading a program have a cracking and it doesn't install it properly.