Question about Whirlpool MH1170XS Microwave Oven
The cooktop bulb just blew on our less than 3 month old MH1170XS Whirlpool Microwave\Hood combo. First, isn't this unusual? Second I am not quite sure how to get the bulb out. I have removed the cover but the bulb doesn't appear to just pull or screw out. I have scoured the web and manual but everything simply says "remove bullb" like it should be self-explanatary...what am I missing? Help will be much appreciated even if it is pointing out the obvious.
Thanks in advance!
First of all, be sure to unplug the microwave before removing or installing the bulbs.
Second, the bulbs may be tacked in place with contact cement or hot glue, and sometimes there may have been enough moisture to corrode and seize up.
I would suggest that you use a hair dryer to heat up the area where the bulb and base (socket) meet. But look out for any softening of the socket.
Once you have replaced the bulbs, don;t be surprised if they either don't come on or won't shut off, or if you have such a problem with the hood vent exhaust fan.
We see (and repair) this control board problem a lot.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 11, 2016 | Whirlpool MH1150XM Convection/Microwave...
Dec 02, 2014 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Aug 23, 2010 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Apr 02, 2010 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven
Jan 04, 2010 | Whirlpool MH1170XS Microwave Oven
Jul 29, 2008 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
Jan 08, 2008 | Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: