Question about LG LST-4200A DTV Receiver
Got an LG LCD donated to me and it has a LST-4100A attached to it. I want to remove it (if possible) so I can have normal functionality to all of the other inputs without the extra unit attached. Anyone know how to do this. I do have the remote if that is needed.
To remove the LST-4100A commercial control interface from the television you need to follow the commands below.
1. Power on television.
2. Press and hold "MENU" for 10-15 seconds.
3. Quickly press "2-6-6-3" and then press "ENTER"
If you have done everything properly, it will bring up a small menu in the top left hand corner of the television. Kind of a hidden menu.
4. Arrow down to the menu option that says "D Box" and turn the option to "OFF".
Now turn off television and completely disconnect the LST-4100A. In fact, throw it away. In the trash is where it belongs.
Your television will now operate like a normal television purchased from a big box store. You should run an automatic programming setup for grins upon completing.
Enjoy your new NON-commercial lcd television.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
I don't know if you figured it out yet but the easist way to do away with the box is to remove all cables. Then hold the menu button down until the menu dissappears, enter 2663 and press enter. A small menu box will appear in the left corner. Go down to where it says D box, switch this to off and now the TV will do whatever a residential model does
Posted on Mar 03, 2009
LG-4100A controler box problem. i can access the installer menu without issue as outlined on page 19 of 22lq630h-commercial-mode-setup-guide.pdf. however the DBOX option is NOT in that menu on a LG 42PX3DBV. is there a second hidden menu beside the one covered in the above mentioned pdf? (which also makes no mention of a DBOX option)
Posted on Dec 25, 2013
I have this and it only shows black and white. What did I do wrong
Posted on Nov 29, 2015
I was having this same problem, in which the remote controls wouldn't work without the control box connected, but the factory reset wouldn't work with the box connected.
Here is what worked for me:
LG 32LX4DCS TVs with attached LG LST-4100A control box.
1. On the LST-4100A box, there is a black, removable card with an F-connector (Cable In) and a RJ-11 (Data). Unscrew the two retaining screws and remove this card. There is an antenna-type connector on the inside that will need to be disconnected from the card.
2. Connect the control box to the TV via the serial cable (Display Control).
3. Plug in power cables to TV and control box. Turn on TV.
4. There are two lights on the control box. Make sure the "Power" light is on solid and the "Status" light is flashing quickly. If not, cycle power on both the TV and the control box.
5. Press "Menu" and hold the button until the menu disappears.
6. Quickly, press "2 6 6 3" then press "Enter". A small menu should open in the upper left.
7. Scroll down to "DBox". Change to "Off". TV will restart.
8. Disconnect the serial cable from the TV. The remote controls should now work normally with the control box disconnected.
Posted on Jun 03, 2015
I was having the same problem with a unit that had the Control Box attached with "Cable Security Sleeves" -- those little rotating metal thingies that prevent you from unhooking the F-connectors.
The 3-3-2-6 trick worked like a charm. I hooked up a digital antenna to the Cable In port on the controller box, and now I don't have to remove the evul controller box.
BTW, LG Commercial Support told me the above was impossible to do.
Posted on Apr 19, 2013
II HAVE A LG32LY4DC WITH A LG-4100A CONTROL BOX HOW CAN I REMOVE THE BOX I TRIED THE CODE 2663 PLEASE HELP
Posted on May 17, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2014 | Televison & Video
9,024 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: