Question about Apple iTunes
I've been trying to install iTunes 8 to my parents' computer. When I start the installer, it gives me an error message stating that F:\ is an invalid drive. I've looked in "my computer" and there is no such drive listed. At the back of the CPU there is nothing plugged into an "F:\" drive. Is there anyway to determine where this is coming from?
When you start the install just change the install to C:, then you my have to do that once more, something messed up the drives order. It could be what is called a virtual drive, that just means u are using an emulator, it's too long for me to explain but a hard drive is almost alwayd drive C, dont forget the:
Posted on Dec 22, 2008
First off: What a good daughter/son you are!
I'm probably pretty safe in presuming the following:
THE IMMEDIATE FIX:
As "gymowner" alludes, you can MANUALLY launch the installer via: Start > Run... > type "DRIVE_LTR*:\setup.exe" (without quotes), then "OK"
* where DRIVE_LTR is the drive the installation disk is inserted into. EXAMPLE: D:\setup.exe
THE MORE PERMANENT FIX:
If you choose to, you can both check and correct any FUTURE occurances of this registry mismatch by:
1. Opening up your Windows registry editor (REGEDIT): Start > Run... > type "regedit" (without quotes), then "OK".
2. Navigate thru the +/- collapsible structure to the following two keys ...
* where "ITUNES_NOMENCLATURE" is whatever name iTunes software is named within the registry.
3. Search for and locate the value(s) (again, probably "SourcePath") that contain the erroneous "F:\" value and change to the desired drive (i.e., most common CD/DVD drive used on this computer). EXAMPLE: change "F:\" to "D:\" (without the quotes).
ADVISORY: If you're NOT COMFORTABLE making changes within the registry, YOU ARE WELL ADVISED TO GET SOMEONE WHO IS TO HELP YOU. Any INADVERTANT CHANGES TO THE REGISTRY HAS THE POTENTIAL OF SEVERELY DAMAGING YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM (i.e., Windows XP/Vista).
Good luck, and please post back to let me know how things work out, or if you have any further questions.
"Today's the best day of my life...and NOW you're part of it!"
Posted on Dec 22, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2013 | Acer Aspire 5580 Notebook
Mar 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 13, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Oct 18, 2012 | Computers & Internet
May 05, 2011 | Apple iTunes
Aug 06, 2010 | Apple iTunes
Sep 14, 2009 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Jun 13, 2009 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Mar 21, 2009 | Apple iTunes
Feb 13, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3i Cellular Phone
757 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: