Question about iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
My son gave me his mp3 player for his little sister. I've been trying to erase the songs that are on it to put her music on. My computor can't find the player to do anything with it.
What's your operating system?
These are the steps that helped me resolve a similar issue I had:
1) Find a computer with Windows XP (ServicePack2)
2) Intall iRiver Music Manager 3.16 from http://iriverinc.com/download/iRiver_Manager_v316sp.exe
3) Download the Firmware update for your player from http://iriverinc.com/download/ifp800/IFP-8XXT.HEX to your Desktop
4) Start the Music Manager and connect your player to the computer. (The XP should recognize your player; and the Music Manager should show the "connected" status)
5) In the Music Manager, click on Tools => Upgrade Firmware, then select the file from your Desktop. NOTE: The upgrade process takes 4 -5 minutes.
After the firmware update, Windows Vista and other PC's should recognize your player.
For additional info, see Jan Karlsbjerg blog at http://www.jankarlsbjerg.com/blog/archives/2007/03/26/ums-firmware-for-iriver-ifp-89x/
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2010 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Nov 26, 2010 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Jan 16, 2010 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Jan 10, 2009 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Aug 26, 2008 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Jun 01, 2008 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Jan 15, 2008 | iRiver iFP-790 MP3 Player
2,810 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!