Question about iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
My son gave me his mp3 player for his little sister. I've been trying to erase the songs that are on it to put her music on. My computor can't find the player to do anything with it.
What's your operating system?
These are the steps that helped me resolve a similar issue I had:
1) Find a computer with Windows XP (ServicePack2)
2) Intall iRiver Music Manager 3.16 from http://iriverinc.com/download/iRiver_Manager_v316sp.exe
3) Download the Firmware update for your player from http://iriverinc.com/download/ifp800/IFP-8XXT.HEX to your Desktop
4) Start the Music Manager and connect your player to the computer. (The XP should recognize your player; and the Music Manager should show the "connected" status)
5) In the Music Manager, click on Tools => Upgrade Firmware, then select the file from your Desktop. NOTE: The upgrade process takes 4 -5 minutes.
After the firmware update, Windows Vista and other PC's should recognize your player.
For additional info, see Jan Karlsbjerg blog at http://www.jankarlsbjerg.com/blog/archives/2007/03/26/ums-firmware-for-iriver-ifp-89x/
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2010 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Nov 26, 2010 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Jan 16, 2010 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Jan 10, 2009 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Aug 26, 2008 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Jun 01, 2008 | iRiver iFP-895 MP3 Player
Jan 15, 2008 | iRiver iFP-790 MP3 Player
2,833 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!