Question about Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Outer oven window shattered

The outer oven window shattered today on the stove. The oven was heated to 220C, happily baking chips and chicken nuggets as it has so many times before. I was standing in the kitchen when it happened and I can say no water was splashed onto the glass, I hadn't opened/slammed the oven door. Nothing like that. It just shattered. Is the glass replaceable or are we looking at buying a new stove? Thanks!

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Kitchen Ranges Master
  • 2,651 Answers

Sure should be replacable, youo can cll the manufacture for a replacemnt glass, most only held in by a feww screws, cant see it being the end all for you oven

Posted on Dec 22, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Not baking correctly...


The ignitor is not working right and is going bad....
have the repair man replace the ignitor, or DIY....
Check out this tip about your problem...

Oven not Working or Oven not Heating
http://www.fixya.com/support/r3663023-oven_not_working_or_oven_not_heating

heatman101

Apr 27, 2010 | KitchenAid KGRT607 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

The outer glass on the dooor has shattered, where


Try this link. Price is $92.00. I have replaced some of these and they are not hard to replace.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=250474&diagram_id=98440#d98440

Jan 05, 2010 | Whirlpool GR399LXHS Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Fridgidaire Gas Oven/Stove #VF01816502


This is your igniting bar it regulates the gas and the start up of the oven. It is at the bottom of the inside of your stove and if you take off the cover you will see it. It is rectangular and when you try to start up the oven it glows orange. Change this and it should work fine.

May 25, 2009 | Frigidaire FGF326AS Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Yesterday I heard a loud pop from inside the stove. Frigidaire smooth top professional series just about 5 years old. Looked inside and my parchment paper had caught on fire which had never happned before...


Is this an oven or the cook top?

A blown oven element is possible. You may still be able to bake but the oven will seem to take forever to warm up. An easy check would be to crank the heat up full bore and put your hand near the top then the bottom. You should feel more intense heat the nearer you get to a working element.

May 08, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

I have a Admiral Stove and the outer Glass has shattered I have the Steel outer part.. can i just get a Glass piece and put it in there or do i need a "Special" glass?


yes, you can replace it with a glass that is the same thickness, do not have to be temper glass for the out side. so any glass company can make you a glass.

Dec 08, 2008 | Maytag Admiral LER3330AAW / LER3330AAZ /...

1 Answer

I self cleaned my Amana oven model acf7225aw. During the cleaning there was a huge pop and then all power was shut off to the oven (no power to clock or anything). We flipped the breaker- another pop. ...


Yes you probably have a burned out bake or broil element in the oven. They usually short out to the frame when they go and can have some interesting results. A direct short probably burned out half of the circuit breaker and you are now only getting 120 volts to the stove and its feeding back through the shorted element and giving some heat. Unplug the stove reset the circuit breaker and test the outlet for proper power. Outer holes will read 220 volts to each other and 110 volts to the middle hole. Replace the circuit breaker if needed. Usually when an element burns out it is visible. If not remove both bake and broil elements and take them to the parts store and ask them to see which one is bad. It is very unlikely they both burned out.

Jun 28, 2008 | Amana Kitchen Ranges

2 Answers

MAYTAG STOVE PROBLEM...NEED HELP


the broiler came on automatically??? not a sensor issue. sounds as if you have a broken wire perhaps, or a faulty control panel energizing the broil element w/o being prompted to. does it say its broiling when element comes on??

Mar 05, 2008 | Kitchen Ranges

2 Answers

Oven Door Inner Glass Replacement


can you gals get me the complete model # off the stove and i will look up the parts diagram & exploded view.

Nov 20, 2007 | KitchenAid KGST307 Gas Kitchen Range

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Ranges Logo

Related Topics:

372 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8205 Answers

Richard Roth
Richard Roth

Level 3 Expert

9472 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

63585 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...