Question about Apple iPhone 3G
How do I transfer addresses/contacts from a Palm TX to an iPhone 3G?
Assuming you are using Palm desktop, have an email account, and can receive emails on your iPhone:
1) Open Palm Desktop on your computer and click on Contacts.
2) Click on Categories and select "ALL".
3) Go to Edit and click "Select All" (all contacts should be highlighted)
4) Go to File and click "Export Vcard"
5) A dialog box will prompt you for a file name. Use what every name you prefer, but remember the file name and location. Your contacts will all be saved as a vCard file (vcf)
6) Now go to your email account and send yourself an email and "attach" the file you created from step 5.
7) On your iphone, receive the email from step 6 above. Scroll down to the bottom of the email and you will see the attached file from step 6 above.
8) Click on the attachment and you will be prompted by iPhone to add the contacts to your contact list. Follow the intructions.
Should work like a charm! [There are other ways of exporting from Palm to the iphone by exporting from Palm to a CSV file and then importing, after mapping fields, to either a Windows Address Book file or an Outlook (not Outlook Express) file. The advantage is the ability to sync on a batch basis with your iphone.. helpful to quickly add changes/new records to your iphone. But the vCard method outlined above is easiest]
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 09, 2010 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Dec 06, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
Oct 29, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Sep 17, 2009 | Palm Treo 500 Centro
Aug 04, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G Black Smartphone
Jun 27, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
May 19, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
May 06, 2008 | Palm TX Handheld
Jul 27, 2007 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
317 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!