Question about Apple iPhone 3G
How do I transfer addresses/contacts from a Palm TX to an iPhone 3G?
Assuming you are using Palm desktop, have an email account, and can receive emails on your iPhone:
1) Open Palm Desktop on your computer and click on Contacts.
2) Click on Categories and select "ALL".
3) Go to Edit and click "Select All" (all contacts should be highlighted)
4) Go to File and click "Export Vcard"
5) A dialog box will prompt you for a file name. Use what every name you prefer, but remember the file name and location. Your contacts will all be saved as a vCard file (vcf)
6) Now go to your email account and send yourself an email and "attach" the file you created from step 5.
7) On your iphone, receive the email from step 6 above. Scroll down to the bottom of the email and you will see the attached file from step 6 above.
8) Click on the attachment and you will be prompted by iPhone to add the contacts to your contact list. Follow the intructions.
Should work like a charm! [There are other ways of exporting from Palm to the iphone by exporting from Palm to a CSV file and then importing, after mapping fields, to either a Windows Address Book file or an Outlook (not Outlook Express) file. The advantage is the ability to sync on a batch basis with your iphone.. helpful to quickly add changes/new records to your iphone. But the vCard method outlined above is easiest]
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2010 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
May 09, 2010 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Dec 06, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
Oct 29, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Oct 05, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
Aug 04, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G Black Smartphone
Jun 27, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
May 19, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
Jul 27, 2007 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
309 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!