Question about LG DLE2512W Electric Dryer
My drum in my dryer has cracked and clothes are getting stuck in it now. I see several people have the same problem with other LG dryers. Has there been any recalls?
If not, what is the replacement drum item number, how do I order it, and how hard will it be to fix ourselves?
Also...my dryer gets stuck on 6 minutes for a long, long time.
If you are still looking for information on this:
No, there has not been any recall.
It is not a real common problem. I only see 1 or 2 a year, which is not many. (LE errors on washers are much more common, for example) The part number of the drum for a DLE2512W dryer is 3045EL1002D and lists for just over $100. You can find a service center to order the part from (in the US) at http://us.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp
I would rate the repair at about a 5 or 6 out of 10 on a scale of 1-10 in difficulty. (Basically, remove top, remove front control panel, remove front panel, remove front drum support, remove belt, drum comes out the front, reassemble.)
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
I had a 2514 with a similar problem. Cracked drum. This is what I did to fix it. With the new drum. No noise at all.
Ordered drum from Sears parts. 3045EL1002D
Cost of 85$ + 15 to ship. It came in 5 days.
Here is how to do it on a DLE2514W. Takes about an hour. I only used a phillips screw
driver. Take your time and look over the situation. I hope that I rememberd
everything. Good luck.
Dryer Drum Repair
Dryer Drum Repair
1. Remove L bracket with 6 screws at the top, rear.
2. Slide top back 2 inches to unlatch and remove.
3. Remove control panel with 2 screws at top, inside corners.
4. Carefully unplug 4 plugs from back of control panel.
5. Looking at inside at the top. Remove wiring bundle from 2 guides.
6. Unplug wire from dryer light.
7. Open dryer door and unscrew 2 screws behind door just below lint trap.
8. Remove 4 screws at top of front panel that holds the door.
9. Lift up front panel to remove. I couldn't get the door switch plug to disconnect
so I carefully rotated it an set it on top of the dryer.
10. Remove upper case bracket with 2 screws in front and 2 screws inside at top.
11. slide up a bit to unlock from sides. Watch routing of dryer switch wire bundle.
12. Remove lint trap duct with 2 machine screws. Carefully slide down to remove.
13. Remove front drum support with 4 screws attached to sides. Lift up to disengage
sides. Lift drum to free from rollers.
14. Observe how drive belt is routed around motor and tension roller. Push tension
roller up and release belt. Carefully take belt off and remove.
15. Almost done. Lift drum up at rear to free from rear rollers. Remove.
16. While your're there vacuume up dust and reverse procedure to install.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2010 | LG DLE2512W Electric Dryer
Jan 07, 2010 | LG DLE5977 Stainless Steel Electric Dryer
Sep 21, 2009 | LG DLE3777 Electric Dryer
Jun 10, 2009 | Dryers
May 31, 2009 | Electrolux Kenmore 5.8 cu. ft. Super...
May 28, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Feb 10, 2009 | LG DLE2515S Gas Dryer
Dec 23, 2008 | LG DLE0442 Electric Dryer
5,717 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: