After the spin cycle 'ends' and it should go to OFF, my machine refills with water and starts to spin and drain again, all the while still continuing to fill with water. What's up with that?
The machine either in the wash cycle or the rinse cycle fills with water then instead of the agitation starting, it drains and refills itself. Eventually the agitation will start but the water that had the detergent or softener is now diluted with all the refills. We replaced the timer and it is still happening in the rinse cycle but it makes it through the wash cycle just fine.
Can you hear the pump running if not the machine may be syphoning out, if the outlet is into the down pipe too far this can cause it to syphon. The outlet should only be into it by about 6". The machine will fill with more water on the rince than the wash cycle that will cause the problem. If you can hear the pump running the machine mite be over filling there may a blockage in the presure system if you take the lid off (making sure the powers turned off) you will find a round switch with a thin hose comming off it tace the hose and you should find a small bottle this may be blocked. Hope this helps you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could be several reasons:
- Selected the "Night cycle" program (means standing with the drum full of water, reason: too much noise in the spin cycle)
- Set to the "Rinse hold" (means standing with the drum full of water, reason: wrinkles on the clothes)
According to your description I think that this is not a failure otherwise error E20 will be appears on display.
Once the washing programme has come to an end, END illuminates on the programme progress display.
If RINSE HOLD was selected, the display beside the START/ PAUSE button flashes. 1. After a rinse hold, the water must first be pumped out:
- Either press the START/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out and the washing is spun according to the completed programme;
After the START/PAUSE button is pressed again, the spin speed can still also be changed during spinning), or
- Turn the programme selector to PUMP OUT and press the START/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out without spinning),or
- Turn the programme selector to SPIN or SHORT SPIN and press theSTART/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out and the washing is spun or gently spun).
At the end of this programme step, the END indicator will illuminate. 2. Open the door.
As soon as the DOOR indicator lights up green, the door can be opened.
bleach? do u mean detergent? normally machines run pump/then start to fill.water will pass through drawer then they heat /wash/drain/spin then refil for rinse conditioner/spin rinse drain fast spin end pretty much
That sounds like you have one of them fancy water saving outfits with a diverter valve that dumps the pump water continuosly over the clothes. Weirdest washer I ever saw. Could be the solenoid that opens the drain pump has failed. Don't know too much about em but I do have the service manual. Post your model number for a more precise answer. Whirlpool Catalyst washer manual
Unfortunately you will need to have the main board replaced on the unit. Something has happened to the software settings on the main board for that particular cycle/spin speed. The only solution at this point is to replace the entire main board. Hope this helps. Please rate my solution.