- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a problem with the computer sensor in the ink cartridge. That is what is causing this error that you are seeing. Is it a refilled cartridge or did you buy it new from the store? If you bought it new and it is doing this, then take it back to the store and tell them it is a defective cartridge and you want to exchange it for a new one. If it is a refilled cartridge and you bought it from an ink store, take it back to them and tell them that the sensor is failing. They will replace or repair the sensor and then the cartridge should work properly.
I have to ask this question of you, just to make sure this is not an issue.Are you using a factory new ink or toner cartridge? Please consider the following: If you are using a refilled (theabsolute worst possible choice) or third party cartridges (2nd. Worst possible choice) that may well be your problem.Most manufacturers build logic into their products to prevent the use of “Other Equipment Manufactured” cartridges as well as re-filled cartridges. They do this to prevent problems from contaminated inks or toner causing problems with print quality or damaging the physical printhead or photo conductors. If you are using factory new ink or toner cartridges, then please call the manufacturer’s Technical Support for assistance with the warranty on the cartridges Don
take out the cartridge , turn off your printer and take out all the cables behind your printer and wait for 5 minutes and put everything back in.. if the same error shows.. im sorry but your printer needs to be replaced.
Ink carts being not recognized and you say its a brand new printer?
Heres what you may want to try.
1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the usb cable from the printer
2. Press and release the ink button once you see a solid green light and solid red ink light
3. Open up the printer cover and check out where is the ink cart holder positioned
4. It should stop in the middle part of the printer, you should see an arrow or a ink out marker (ink icon with a / with it( indicating which ink cart is out or not recognized or expended. (This is a usual process on all the epson stylus photo series I had)
5. Press and release the ink button again, it should stop to the next ink cart which you are having a problem and if it doesnt then your ready to reclamp the ink carts.
Just follow your manual usually theres an on screen instructions how to manually replace or reseat the ink cartridges. If the issue persist, you may want to contact epson, ask for a warranty procedure or what you can do next for this. (Either a bad set of ink cart or a bad print head) Good luck!
These is the common problem when you buy new cartridges which have kept over long time in the shelf ..If these are new cart and original please contact the company and get it replaced as the new cart comes 6 months warranty.........................
I guess you d used generic ink carts?! If yes, the cart holder needs replacement due to ink that has stained the led control. The ink has made a short circuit. The error can only be deleted by replacing the whole cart holder!
Unplug printer from power. Wait a minute. Take all carts out. Plug machine to power. mfc demands carts. Reinsert carts (have a look if they all filled with ink!!). If asked press 2 (No change) despite you use a new cart press 1 Yes cart changed.