- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. First, make sure that the sound is not checked to be muted.
2. Make sure that you have a text-to-speech (TTS) voice selected in the language menu.
3. When you press a function on the screen, do you hear a beep? If so, this indicates that the sound is not muted and that the audio circuits are working. If you don't hear any beeps when pressing a function on the screen AND there are no voice directions, then I would suspect a defective speaker. More information can be found here:
Refer to Page 8 of your owner's manual: On the main screen, touch "Where to?", then enter the state, city and address at the next screen. Once you've entered the information, touch the address and your unit will probably ask "Navigate to there?" and confirm... and off you go. You can save addresses to your Favorites list as well.
You charge the unit via your cigarette lighter socket using the charge lead supplied. Generally you type a zip code if you know it and the satnav will calculate your route.\if you dont know the zip code type in an address but this gives several areas. Zip codes are preffered.It will talk once you start driving giving you forwarning of any turns you need to make in advance. Good Luck
I'm really only giving an educated guess but as a technician with 26 years experience I suspect that either you have a faulty memory chip or the firmware which runs under Microsoft operating system may be corrupted. My Trax 350 works like a charm doing exactly what you have done WITHOUT a memory card.
Try push RESET which is at the bottom next to the SD card slot with a paper clip. If that doesn't work I suggest taking it back under warranty.
BTW, I ended up "pinching" the useless 32 MB SD card ( too small so I replaced it with 2GB ) that came with the camera I bought my son. More than enough size for me and my son couldn't care less!
First, ensure that you are using the unmuted internal speakers by pressing the power button twice while the unit is on.
Do you hear beeps (button tones) through the speakers?
These are a couple things to try:
1. Change the voice from English TTS (JILL) to English TTS (JAKE) - This will demonstrate whether the voice database has been corrupted.
2. Tap the power button twice while the unit is on to switch back to fm transmitter and attempt to use your radio to tune the sound. If you succeed here, you may indeed have a problem with your internal speaker. A return of the product may be necessary.