Samsung SMH7175BC, Touch pad "blinks" then shouts down.
I remove from wall, and remove cover....works fine. As soon as I reinstall cover it seems to start "shorting out" when seconds. I again take cover off...it runs fine. Seems like a short or maybe a "weaken" sensor? I can not find anything lose or burnt. Once again, when the screws for the cover are loose, it runs fine. Help!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The contacts behind the panel get dirty and greasy and can stop working. Remove the front panel use a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to clean the contact pads on the back of the plastic front cover and the contact pads on the circuit board. Reassemble and it should work. WARNING! Microwaves have very high voltages in them more than 4000V that can easily kill. Make sure its unplugged from the power supply, let sit for a few hours to make sure the caps are discharged and DO NOT touch any of the high voltage lines or capacitors inside the unit, work only on the front panel.
Reset the clock. Press "Clock" and the correct time, using
the number pads. Press "AM/PM" if applicable, and press "Start" or
"Clock" to confirm.
Press "Timer On/Off" to reset the timer if nothing on the
touch pad will operate. Use the number pads to select a new timed
amount, if desired, and press "Timer On/Off" to start. Press again to
Press and hold "Clear/Off" for three seconds if the timer
will not function or is blinking when you touch the pads. This will
release the "Child Lock" feature. Make a new touch pad selection.
Disconnect power to the microwave if following Steps 1
through 3 does not resolve the blinking timer. Wait a few minutes, and
then restore power to reset the microwave.
However if the problem persist the display board main control board is faulty
The code on the screen indicate electric panel fault resulting from the touchpad malfunction.
The touch pad on your microwave oven acts as the brain of the appliance. It not only contains the buttons that you use to enter cooking settings and times, but also controls the function of the entire microwave. If the touch pad malfunctions or breaks completely, the microwave will cease to function. In this instance, the broken touch pad must be removed and a new touch pad must be installed, to restore functionality to the microwave.
1 Unplug the microwave from the wall outlet.
2 Remove the two screws, located on the front or top of the grill at the top of the microwave.
3 Pull the grill off of the microwave.
4 Remove the mounting screw from the top of the control panel.
5 Lift the control panel up and out to loosen. Look behind the control panel to ensure there are no metal tabs securing the control panel in place. If there are metal tabs, gently rotate the control panel to free the tabs.
6 Transfer the wires from the old control panel to the new control panel one at a time to ensure that the wires are properly installed.
7 Install the new control panel into the microwave and secure using the mounting screw that was removed.
8 Replace the grill from the top of the microwave and secure it using the screws that were removed.
9 Plug the microwave back into the wall outlet.
sounds like your touch pad is bad. if its under a year old. call for warranty service.if not you may need to order a touch pad. its not too hard to replace. remove power, take tho screws off the top of the micro holding the top vent cover on. remove the vent cover. above the touch pad is a screw, remove that screw and lift the Assembly up and it will tip out. be careful because you don't want to damage any wires. you can label and disconnect the wires to completely remove the Assembly.good luck!
I've checked, and cannot seem to find online service data on this model. Perhaps it's too new.
But it sounds like you have one which has the glass LCD and keypad connected to the circuit board via a zebra strip type "rubber connector". This is what you referred to as the "black and white small foam like pad". It is called the rubber connector.
It's similar to the model shown in the attached exploded view and it shows you what to clean.
If cleaning doesn't work, you need to order the LCD glass and the rubber connector.
You will probably have to call Tritronics with your model number to get these parts. They are toll-free at 866-779-5835.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.