Question about Cameras
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
From SP510 camera switched off:
1. Turn dial on top plate to movie mode (selections from the menu screen apply to the mode the camera is set in);
2. Switch on SP510 power;
3. Press "MENU" button on back plate;
4. Select "Camera Menu" from screen if not already on it, using navigation buttons on back plate
5. Scroll down yellow "Camera menu" tabs to microphone picture (below "Digital Zoom"), which may be showing "off". Select OK and toggle yellow tab from "off" to "on", then press OK button.
6. Microphone tab should now show "on".
7. Return to main menu (press MENU button).
8. Return to image screen (press MENU button).
9. Test to see if video now records sound.
10. If is still doesn't record sound, try "reset" from video menu screen (this will reset the movie mode to factory settings, including microphone on).
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2013 | Cameras
Aug 15, 2012 | Olympus X-42 Digital Camera
Dec 20, 2010 | Olympus Cameras
Jun 18, 2009 | Olympus Stylus 710 Digital Camera
Jun 09, 2009 | AOpen Olympus 64Mb xD-Picture Card (AX4C...
Apr 23, 2009 | Olympus SP-500 UZ Digital Camera
Dec 29, 2008 | Olympus Stylus 850SW Digital Camera
Dec 21, 2008 | Olympus SP-510 UZ Digital Camera
Oct 30, 2008 | Olympus FE-170 Digital Camera
Mar 26, 2008 | Olympus SP-510 UZ Digital Camera
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!