From SP510 camera switched off:
1. Turn dial on top plate to movie mode (selections from the menu screen apply to the mode the camera is set in);
2. Switch on SP510 power;
3. Press "MENU" button on back plate;
4. Select "Camera Menu" from screen if not already on it, using navigation buttons on back plate
5. Scroll down yellow "Camera menu" tabs to microphone picture (below "Digital Zoom"), which may be showing "off". Select OK and toggle yellow tab from "off" to "on", then press OK button.
6. Microphone tab should now show "on".
7. Return to main menu (press MENU button).
8. Return to image screen (press MENU button).
9. Test to see if video now records sound.
10. If is still doesn't record sound, try "reset" from video menu screen (this will reset the movie mode to factory settings, including microphone on).
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Olympus sp510uz no sound on video
There is a way to turn the sound on and off in the setup menu. Go into the menu and make sure your sound is turned on. If it is go in to the playback menu and make sure the sound is turned up. Let me know how it goes.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The best way to download pictures from your camera to your computer involves removing the memory card from the camera and plugging it into a card reader (either built-in to the computer or connected via USB or FireWire). This is likely to be faster than connecting the camera to the computer, and won't run down your camera's batteries.
Once the card is plugged in, it will appear to your computer as a removable drive. You can use the operating system's drag&drop facility to copy pictures from the card to the computer's hard drive, the same way you copy any other files. Or you can use any photo management program such as Picasa ( http://picasa.google.com ).
The FE210 is a very low cost basic video stills camera. Although it has the ability to record video when needed it does not record audio as it lacks the hardware to do so (click here to see the Olympus model specifications which clearly show no sound recording facility listed under Movie Recording System). On your camera it's really only a free taster of video simply because the camera shares hardware with other models in the range which record both video and audio. Keeping it basic on the FE-210 keeps the price down as many users don't want to record video and so don't want to pay for unnecessary features.
I hope that my speedy answer has saved you further frustration and reassured you that you are doing nothing wrong with your camera. Please take a moment to rate my answer.
I have this camera. It is a great camera. The camera is supposed to not have sound. They made it that way. You view your videos through computer and on TV, but not directley through the camera. It's not a problem- just the company. :)
You can convert DSS file into wav format with DSS Player 2000 or the latest version. it can only convert it into wav format. after convert into wav format then u can use any other converter to change it into any other audio format. u can use total video converter or Sonic record now multilanguage software.....
best of luck.....