Can I scan pictures to my computer?
Yes ... your all-in-one can print, copy and scan.
Scan an image
You can start a scan from your computer or from the HP All-in-One.
This section explains how to scan from the control panel of the HP All-in-One only. To use the scan features, the HP All-in-One and computer must be connected and turned on. The HP Photosmart Software (Windows) or HP Photosmart Mac Software (Mac) must
also be installed and running on your computer prior to scanning.
● On a Windows computer, look for the HP Digital Imaging Monitor icon in the Windows system tray (at the lower right side of the screen, near the time) to verify the software is running.
Note Closing the HP Digital Imaging Monitor icon in the Windows system tray can cause the HP All-in-One to lose some of its scan functionality. If this happens, you can restore full functionality by restarting your computer or by starting the HP Photosmart Software.
● On a Mac, the software is always running.
Tip You can use the HP Photosmart Software (Windows) or HP Photosmart Mac Software (Mac) to scan images, including panorama images. Using this software, you can also edit, print, and even share your scanned images. For more information, see the onscreen Help that came with the HP All-in-One.
To save a scan to a memory card
1. Make sure your memory card is inserted into the appropriate slot on the HP All-in- One.
2. Load your original print side down in the right front corner of the glass.
3. Press the Scan Menu button.
4. Press to highlight Scan to Memory Card, and then press OK.
The HP All-in-One scans the image and saves the file to the memory card in the JPEG format.
To scan a photo and reprint it
1. Press Reprints.
2. When prompted, load your original photo print side down on the right front corner of the glass, and then do one of the following:
To reprint your original photo using the default print settings
➔ Press Print Photos.
To change print settings before reprinting your original photo
a. Press OK.
Basics Guide 13
HP All-in-One overview
b. Press or to highlight a paper size, and then press OK.
The paper size choices available vary depending on your country/region.
Note Depending on the paper size you choose, you might be prompted to choose a layout for the photos on your pages.
c. When the Fix Faded Original? prompt appears, highlight Yes or No as appropriate, and then press OK.
The HP All-in-One scans your original and shows a preview of the photo on the display.
d. Press OK to display the selection menu.
Tip If you want to print more than one copy of the selected photo, press to highlight Copies, and then press OK. Use the arrows to increase or decrease the number of copies.
If you want to edit the photo before printing, press to highlight Edit
Photo, and then press OK.
e. Press to highlight Done, and then press OK.
The Print Summary screen appears.
f. Press or to highlight one of the following options, and then press OK.
Print Options Enables you to manually specify the type of paper on which you are printing and whether you want to print a date and
time stamp on your photo.
By default, the Paper Type is set to Automatic and the
Date Stamp setting is set to Off. If you want, you can
change the defaults of these settings with the Set New
Print Preview Displays a preview of what your printed page will look like. This enables you to verify your settings before printing and
wasting paper and ink on potential mistakes.
Print Now Prints your photo with the size and layout you selected.
To scan to a computer
1. Load your original print side down in the right front corner of the glass.
2. Press Scan Menu.
3. Press to highlight Scan to Computer, and then press OK.
4. If the HP All-in-One is connected to one or more computers on a network, do the following:
a. Press OK to select Select Computer.
A list of the computers connected to the HP All-in-One appears on the display.
Note The Select Computer menu might list computers with a USB
connection in addition to those connected through the network.
Jul 06, 2009 |
HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...