Question about HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
I recently went through a significant virus clearout as recommended through this web-site advice. Great support - thanks !! I used Majorgeeks.com - recommend highly ! However, according to the HP website, I have finished up with a registry problem Fatal Error 1606 MSI self-installing Port monitor. The result is that the insatllation for this printer stopped and generated an error report. Full installation not complete. Can someone help and advise please.
Delete the key (registry path) listed in the error from the Windows Registry, and run the installation again.
or if that doesn't work, I read this from another post.
Try the following to fix the probelem:
1. Run regedit.
2. go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
3. In User Shell Folder find the Value Name "Recent" and rename it to say "RecentOld".
4. Next create a Expandable String Value.
5. The value name will be "Recent" and the value date will be "%USERPROFILE%\Recent".
6. When your done your entry should look like this:
This should take care of your problem.
Posted on Apr 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2015 | Printers & Copiers
Sep 26, 2010 | Canon MF4150 Laser Printer
May 30, 2010 | Samsung ML 1610 Laser Printer
Feb 16, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP760 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 29, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
Dec 02, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Nov 29, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R200 InkJet Printer
Feb 13, 2008 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2008 | HP Photosmart 3210 All-In-One InkJet...
1,330 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!